1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I sleep less than 10 hours/week

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by Aerose91, Apr 10, 2014.

1. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    Amitriptyline did give me constipation.
    It made me pee a lot more too.

I don't tend to get IBS symptoms a lot though. Just minor phases of a few days here and there.
    I see mine as more of "it's my guts that are having a bad ME time" rather than it being IBS per se.

You'd need to think carefully.

Looking back, it was worth it for me, despite the problems.

I got some sleep.

When I stopped them, the lack-of-sleep cycle had been broken.

If somebody has any hint of addiction to benzos, never, ever take them. EVER.
    I was prescribed them like sweeties in the '70s, came off cold turkey, and quite frankly, have lost several years of memories of what was going on.
    I did have to resort to valium once in later years, for utterly exceptional circumstances, just for a few weeks, and again, was forced to come off far too soon and far too fast.

Have you ever considered cannabis? I don't know where you are or if it would be obtainable legally.

2. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    Amitriptyline was terrible for me. It took a long time to get off it despite being told it was non addictive and it caused interstitial cystitis which I still get. I wish I had never gone on it.

taniaaust1, merylg and peggy-sue like this.
  3. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

The only way someone is getting a benzo in me is if they strap me down to a table and inject it in me, that's if they can get me onto the table first.

I may try some trazadone since i have it available to me but if it doesn't work I will bring some of these options up to my doctor. Thank you for the help

peggy-sue, taniaaust1 and merylg like this.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I haven't used it but gabitril is an anticonvulsant which works as a gaba reuptake inhibitor, I guess like how ssri antidepressants increase serotonin.
    would like to try this as it helps u to use your own gaba as in recycling it.

See more popular forum discussions.