1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I Remember Me/Stephen Paganetti

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by LaurelB, May 6, 2010.

1. LaurelB

LaurelB Senior Member

I wasn't sure where to post this question. I have long wondered what ever happened to the teenage boy in the ME/CFS Documentary I Remember Me. I believe his name was Stephen Paganetti. He was the one who was bedbound and fed with a feeding tube, and had to go to his HS graduation in a gurney.

It's been about a decade now since that documentary was made, and I wonder how this boy's health progressed. Did he improve? Get worse? Remain the same? I've been unable to find any information.

I did see a post on another message board long ago saying someone heard he'd gotten better and was now able to travel, etc. But I never was able to confirm this.

If he did get better, I'd like to know how. :)

Anyone have any info? Thank you.

Laurel
  2. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    I wonder about him all the time Laurel. I hope the rumor is true that he's doing better and traveling.
  3. cinderkeys

cinderkeys

I did a brief Internet search and didn't turn up anything. I'd love to know what happened to him too.
  4. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    I vaguely remember there being a place to contact his parents. I can try and dig it up.
  5. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    This is the old address to write to him, but I don't know if it's still any good. It was published in alot of CFIDS places, so it's safe to post this address.
    Stephen Paganetti, Jr.
    P.O.Box 145
    Durham, CT 06422-0145

I think he's still in Durham. There was an article about his grandmother passing away in 2007 and his name was mentioned, but nothing else.
  6. LaurelB

LaurelB Senior Member

Thanks, Carrigon. I may just do that and send him a note. If so, I'll let everyone know if I hear back.

He seems to have completely disappeared.
  7. Tammie

Tammie Senior Member

Woodridge, IL
    yeah, I too have wondered how he is.....would definitely like to know if you find out anything
  8. LaurelB

LaurelB Senior Member

Just an update -- I actually wrote him at the address above back in May. I never got a reply. The letter also was not returned to me, so I assume he got it. Would really love to know how he's doing.
  9. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

10. LaurelW

LaurelW Senior Member

Utah
    Thanks for bringing this up, Laurel. I too have been wondering what happened to him. I'm hoping that he got better and is living a normal life.
  11. Julia Rachel

Julia Rachel

California
    Hi Laurel!

Has anyone found out anything about Stephen as of yet?
  12. LaurelB

LaurelB Senior Member

Hi Julia -- I tried multiple avenues but was not able to contact him. Or, at least, I never got a reply. :(
  13. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    I always wondered what happened to him. Haven't heard a thing.

See more popular forum discussions.