1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

'I have never known anyone who exuded so much hope'

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Bob, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    An interview with Emily Levick, about her friendship with Lynn Gilderdale who committed suicide in the UK:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/feb/02/me-lynn-gilderdale-online

Hi everyone,

This is a very moving feature in The Guardian.
    It's an interview with Emily Levick, about her friendship with Lynn Gilderdale who committed suicide in the UK.
    I think it's a very touching interview that many of us will relate to.

(I'd better warn that the article is quite sad)

Bob
  2. Lily

Lily *Believe*

Oh Bob, thank you for sharing that. Yes, it is quite a tear-jerker, but quite a beautiful friendship too. How wonderful to know that Lynn had real relationships with other PWCs, especially this wonderful young woman. It's comforting to know that she was able to have someone in her life who truly understood. What a terrible shock Lynn's death must have been to Emily.

ETA: You know, THIS is a story that needs to be told - THIS IS ME/CFS. Contrast this with the stories of Reeves's/Wessely's descriptions of ME/CFS
  3. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    Was this only online? I take the Guardian and didn't see it in the newspaper.
  4. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

Lily said:
    ETA: You know, THIS is a story that needs to be told - THIS IS ME/CFS. Contrast this with the stories of Reeves's/Wessely's descriptions of ME/CFS[/QUOTE]

Yes, this IS an important reality of ME/CFS. Buzz it up and leave a comment. Now is the time to help the public see the reality that the denialists would like to hide.
  5. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Hi Min,
    I assume it was in the paper, but I don't know... maybe it was in the G2 extra supplement? (on 2nd Feb).
    Bob
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune Senior Member

NorthEastern USA
    So sad.

June
  7. Lily

Lily *Believe*

Yes, this IS an important reality of ME/CFS. Buzz it up and leave a comment. Now is the time to help the public see the reality that the denialists would like to hide.[/QUOTE]

Please read this article and buzz it up! I wonder if it would help to change the title? What do you think, Bob?
  8. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    I just read Emily's story. Wow. On so many levels. I am moved by the friendship and strength of these two young women. Such beauty in the midst of devastation.
  9. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Bob, thanks so much for posting this moving story by one of Lynn's close friends. :Retro redface:
  10. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

Very good and oh so sad. I can relate to it. That is what is even sadder.

See more popular forum discussions.