• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I have my results from genetic genie - now where do I start with treatment? Help please!

veganmua

Here are my results. If anyone could translate them and explain what action I need to take regarding supplementation, I would be SO grateful! Alternately if you could point me in the direction of someone who could advise me, that would be fabulous.
I also take 375mg venlafaxine daily, half in the morning and half at night. This is an SNRI.

Methylation -

Homozygous mutations (+/+)
  • MTHFR C677T
  • VDR Taq
  • MAO-A R297R
  • MTRR A664A
Heterozygous mutations (+/-)
  • ACAT1-02
  • MTR A2756G
  • MTRR A66G
  • CBS C699T
  • CBS A360A

Detox Profile -

Homozygous mutations (+/+)
  • SOD2 A16V
Heterozygous mutations (+/-)
  • CYP1A2 164A>C
  • CYP1B1 L432V
  • CYP1B1 R48G
  • CYP2C19*17
  • CYP2D6 S486T
  • CYP2D6 2850C>T
  • GSTP1 I105V
  • NAT2 I114T
  • NAT2 R197Q

GSTT1Absent - 'It is likely that you are missing this gene and have a deletion'

Thanks!

Helen

Hi @veganmua,

I am sorry I don´t know anything about Venflaxine and that medication might change what you should do about the mutations that you have. You probably have a huge deficiency in B12 and methylfolate that can cause you a lot of symptoms, not least depression.

With a homozygote mutation in the MTHFR C677T SNP you do have an increased need for methyl folate. Your enzyme for folate conversion is supposed to be 70 % of normal capacity.

More information www.MTHFR.net and http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm

Your MTR and MTRR mutations indicate a high need for B12. Did you have any labtests? I think you should be tested before supplementation on your own. Your doctor has a good chance to find a defiency that might be good for you to have proved. Cobalamin in blood and homocystein and if negative ask for MMA. See heartfixer.

You probably have a methylation issue with these mutations. And you have a good chance to feel very much better after you have been taking B12 and methylfolate for a while. I would recommend reading as much as you can as you probably have to be your own doctor :).

About your Detox Profile. Google the names of the SNP´s and Phoenix Rising and you will find lot of good information. Keep an extra eye on the GST SNPs that has to do with your ability to make use of your glutathion.

All the best!

Last edited:

veganmua

Thanks @Helen! What is MMA? I didn't have any lab tests, just did 23andme although I have had many tests done over the years. I will ask my doctor today.
x

Helen

Thanks @Helen! What is MMA? I didn't have any lab tests, just did 23andme although I have had many tests done over the years. I will ask my doctor today.
x
Good that you will be in contact with your doctor. I think you should send him/her the result of the 23andme test for MTHFR , MTR and MTRR. Don´t only tell . MMA is something like Methyl Malonic Acid. Ask for lab values and the reference intervall for normal values.