• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I have had good results from acupuncture lately

lizw118

Hi everyone,
I wanted to let you know that in addition to my B12 and apple cider vinegar gains, I have also had good luck lately with acupuncture. I have found that the key to good acupuncture is to go at least two times a week. That means that it is probably necessary to go to a school or community acupuncture clinic that has lower prices. Acupuncture is grossly overpriced, so no one can actually get any real benefit from it through multiple sessions. My latest theory is that going more often might even be more important than getting an extra good acupuncturist (which also helps, of course). I have been feeling markedly better after bumping up to two- three times a week. I noticed which points helped me most and told the acupuncturist, so he could refine the treatments. It took a little trial and error because on one side of my body certain points work well, but when switched to the other, they don't work. Weird. I am hoping it lasts, although one never knows. It has been a couple of months, though, so I do attribute the improvements to the acupuncture for sure. Just thought I would share
Liz

lizw118

FYI the best way to find affordable acupuncture in your area is search "community acupuncture." That is where you are in a large room with other people in a lounge chair. That is how I have been treated and it is very effective and the sliding scale price allows me to go three times a week.

Yes it really works; this medical technique was the one that Koreans used way back on history. This was written on their history, a traditional medicine.