Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I HAVE ANSWERS! YAY!

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by musicchick581, Sep 24, 2014.

1. musicchick581

musicchick581 Senior Member

After all this time, I have answers. Pyroluria. Imbalance of copper and zinc, excessive kryptopyroles which flush zinc and b6 out of the body. Excessive free copper. I begin supplement and vitamin treatment soon. YAY! Hopefully this can help someone!

SDSue, ahmo, PennyIA and 7 others like this.
  2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    Happy to hear you found it out! Be sure your doctor treats you accurately based on the severity of your individual case! Good luck and wish you the best! :)

musicchick581 likes this.
  3. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Can I ask what is you value of kryptopyrroles? Did you also test HPL?
    thanks

4. musicchick581

Kryptopyrroles were 21.55. Optimal is below 10. Free copper is at 46%, optimal is under 25% and copper/zinc ratio is 1.45, optimal range is .7-1.0

Do you have PD?

Is HPL histamine?

5. PeterPositive

It seems I do, since my test came back with a Kryptopyrrole value of 19.5 and HPL of 387 (should be < 250)

HPL (hydroxyhemopyrrolin-2-one) is the scientific name for "Mauve Factor" which apparently causes Pyroluria Disorder. It should also be measured to test for pyroluria but not all tests include it.

See here: https://pyroluriatesting.com/articles/
    The third to last and second to last documents in particular.

I have taken 50mg P5P and 50mg Zinc for 6 weeks and the last blood test showed elevated Zinc so for now I will pause it, because I don't want to overdo it. Still waiting to talk to the doc.

cheers

6. SB_1108

SB_1108 Senior Member

Do you mind me asking what your supplement/vitamin treatment includes?

7. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

I'm glad you are getting some answers. What type of doctor are you seeing? Did your doctor say what causes the excessive kryptopyroles?

8. Automobilie

Automobilie

Alaska
    I'm curious about this. I did a chelation urineanalysis ( with a naturalpath thoughĺ and showed really high copper and high zinc. He said it was common with copper plumbing. What test did they run?

9. PeterPositive

Violeta likes this.
  10. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

Boy, it does sound like porphyria.

With respect to the leaky gut, I saw a post at curezone by someone at curezone talking about leaky gut with respect to copper's ability to leave the gut and roam around the body and cause problems.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  11. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

Excellent paper, PeterPositive, thank you.

12. Johnmac

Johnmac Senior Member

Cambodia
    Be interested to hear what's happened in the intervening 6 weeks, musicchick581.

Has supplementation helped your pyroluria?

13. musicchick581

I'm take a very high dose of zinc but my test isn't till March or April.

14. musicchick581

Here is what I'm taking. I just yesterday made It to full dose on the compound supplements but I'm probably going to drop the PM back down to 4 caps. I'm nervous about all that zinc. I've been titrating up. I'm not taking cal mag because the glycinate didn't agree with me and I'm,not taking the optional supps. 1002142009a.jpg 1002142010.jpg 1002142009a.jpg 1002142010.jpg 1002142009a.jpg 1002142010.jpg

15. PeterPositive

Careful with very high Zinc... I have taken 50mg for approx 6 weeks and I already found I went off the scale while copper was below range. (And I was found positive for moderate pyroluria)

Little Bluestem likes this.
  16. musicchick581

I'm,sorry, I don't know why it posted so many times. I'm on my phone..

17. musicchick581

It's all genetic and supplementation must last my entire life. I'm seeing Dr Mensah and Bowman from Mensah Medical in Illinois. I'm on the east coast so in March they have an outreach clinic here and I will be retested. stress raises kryptopyroles in PD people. You want to test when you're stressed.

18. musicchick581

Leaky gut won't cause the disorder...it's hereditary but leaky gut can be another issue to deal with. We are going to try Nystatin soon to deal with possible yeast in the gut. I get bloated after eating grains and dairy even with enzymes. My OAT test showed high yeast.

19. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

Thank, musicchick. Keep us posted with any new information. I'm looking into it right now, too.

20. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I may have a genetic leaky gut im just looking into this

See more popular forum discussions.