• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

i hate australian custom/ supplements are over priced here

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
OK another petty seizure from customs. I ordered dhea 10mg caps x 200 cost $10 from iherb which was seized by aus customs even though i had a script in there with them. I may need to send them the original but?? The same order of dhea from a local compounding pharmacy which is well priced for aus is $90, struth!! it pees me off as supps ingeneral are so expensive here. I also had kava from iherb seized a few months ago even though i can buy it here in aus but it cost twice as much for half the caps and lower strength. Are customs trying to protect these aus companies selling over priced supps or what. Strange things is i get all my antivirals meds through the post with no problems although i have a script on hand in case customs nab it, as they are alot more expensive then supps. Australian customs are so over the top, it makes us low income earners struggle even more with this crappy disease we are trying to manage ourselves with no help from the govt. the bastards!!!

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
that's rotten.

do they have some sort of justification for this or is it strictly capricious? can you complain to your elected official?

heapsreal

i dont know, i should recieve a letter from them soon and i will take it from there. hopefully they just ask for my prescription and or phone my dr.

cheers!!!

anne_likes_red

I feel your pain.

I've never had anything seized but they often have a poke around in my iherb stuff....NZ customs, not Aust customs :)) And they hold it up for a week.
Supplements are overpriced here too. If there was no such thing as the www and iherb etc we'd be none the wiser!

I've used the DHL option the past 2 times from iherb and Customs haven't got anywhere near it. I think they should spend less time harrassing people with a debilitating illness who don't have the energy it takes to chase things like this up and more time chasing REAL bad guys.
I guess with recognised treatments for a recognised illness we wouldn't have all this hassle. How about the Govt puts some emphasis on THAT!

I hope you get your DHEA asap heaps.

Francelle

The thing is Heapsreal I think there is possibly a quality difference and titration difference between the compounded product and the iHerb product in terms of ingredients and dosage, and even if this is not the case, DHEA is tightly controlled here as it is considered to be a supplement open to misuse. It is really not a hormone to mess with if you understand steroidogenesis of the adrenal gland.

So this is probably why Customs clamp down on it, as any weight lifting, bodybuilding freak thinks it's the next best thing to sliced bread, without really knowing anything about it.

I hope though you get it back from Customs eventually, as I have been on DHEA also, prescribed by my Endocrinologist and I agree it is terribly expensive here through compounding pharmacies.

heapsreal

Im waiting to recieve a seizure notice and then Im going to question them about the copy of the prescription with it and ask them if they want the original. If not i will have to pay $80 more for my dhea. Im hoping it helps as I am testing low normal now instead of just low, so i think vit b5 and ginseng has helped abit it that department but need abit more.

cheers!!!

taniaaust1

How annoying. I hope you end up getting it.

I havent been game as yet to try to get my supplements from overseas but I should think about it seeing they are cheaper.