• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I found a new MethylCobalamin lozenge that’s more effective for me than Enzymatic Therapy

knackers323

Can anyone tell me.

Is it possible to increase or start methylation without needing potassium or magnesium at some point?

I have been taking Freddd s quartet for a while now and I can't see any deficiency or need for these things.

I have noticed the angular cheilitis but I'm able to quickly fix this with methyl folate.

So would it seem I am not getting methylation going at all?

Thanks

Freddd

Can anyone tell me.

Is it possible to increase or start methylation without needing potassium or magnesium at some point?

I have been taking Freddd s quartet for a while now and I can't see any deficiency or need for these things.

I have noticed the angular cheilitis but I'm able to quickly fix this with methyl folate.

Thanks

Hi Knackers,

You seem to be talking at cross purposes.

You are being contradictory. That you got angular cheilitis indicates broken methylation and that methylfolate fixed it indicates that methylation is working.

So what kind of carnitine are you taking? Try the other kind. If fumarate, try ALCAR, if ALCAR try fumarate. Try the carnitine for a good week at least at 500mg or 1200mg 30 minutes before food. Other wise it is digested to amino acids and doesn't work.

If that doesn't increase things try boosting b1 by 25 mg and see what occurs. SAM-e, TMG, Biotin, D-Ribose or all of them together might up the total methylation/ATP output. There might still be a limiting factor that is keeping it slow. It's working, no doubt. But perhaps the rate could be increased, [perhaps it can't. It really depends upon functional versus damage. Damage takes longer. Also, after all these other things then maybe titrate MeCbl. Maybe add another brand like the Country Life Methyl B12. You have hardly started.

The first indication of not having enough magnesium might be b12 stops working. It is quite possible to not need more potassium. It appears to be approximately if ones serum potassium is greater than 4.3 then I haven't heard of that person needing much in the way of potassium. It seems mostly people under that level. Who knows. A lot of people find magnesium helps and some find that it is a critical cofactor and unblocks b12. Many are perfectly happy taking what is in a combination calcium - magnesium, others go to extremes and all sorts of forms. Magnesium is not an indicator of methylation that I know of.

knackers323

Yes @Freddd I had thought I had methylation started with the cheilitis but it seems like everyone doing this treatment have a big need for potassium and to a lesser extent magnesium.

I did not realise the treatment could be successful without developing a need for these things.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Phred

--Country Life “Methyl B12” Lot # 13H762A with an expiration date of 09/15: the lozenge totally dissolves in about 30 minutes, and that is if I don’t talk, don’t touch it with my tongue, and don’t move my mouth or cheeks. I take this Lot # when I have to eat or talk within 30 minutes of taking the lozenge. I figure that taking 4 lozenges that last 30 minutes is the same as taking 1 lozenge that lasts 2 hours.R&D Don

Has anyone taking this, been able to keep this lot# in their mouth for more than a few minutes? It seems to dissolve instantly. I can possibly get it to last for about 20 minutes, but that's just mush against my gum. I just took one now and put it under my tongue hoping it would last a little longer but it was gone in 2 minutes. I can get the Enzymatic Therapy tablets to last 2 or more hours.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears, or eyes as the case may be.

ahmo

@Phred, I've been using this for about 2 weeks, am very happy w/ it. It goes soft, but remains in my upper gum for more than 2 hrs. Same lot# and exp date as quoted. Using 1/3x a day. I'd been using the ET over the past year. cheers, ahmo

Phred

@ahmo, I tried again with the Country Life. Two days ago I did manage to get it to last 2 hours. I was quite surprised. I dehydrated myself to do it, but I got it done. Yesterday I got it to last about an hour and a half. So far today I've had the two tabs in for about an hour. I don't drink anything and I try not to talk when they are in. So thank you for the encouragement. I finally got it to work. Yay!

ahmo

@Phred, Great news! I nearly reposted, to add that there's not a lot left after about an hour, but solid stuff does remain. I also don't drink during, but drink plenty in between. And not much talking, either. Glad you persevered.:)