• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I dont get Fever

patient.journey

Guys since i got this illness i got fever once, the time i had the flu symptoms that i felt am dying with in the second month of my illness and since that i never had a fever !

Is this happening with anyone else ? and why is this happening ?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Guys since i got this illness i got fever once, the time i had the flu symptoms that i felt am dying with in the second month of my illness and since that i never had a fever !

Is this happening with anyone else ? and why is this happening ?

Many of us here don't get fevers or flu or colds--haven't for many years. Immune system can't mount an effective attack.

Sushi

SOC

Neither my daughter nor I get fevers, either. It's common in ME/CFS. Many of us have a low baseline body temp so fevers aren't recognized because they fall withing the normal range for healthy people. Also, our immune systems don't work effectively so we may not run fevers for that reason.

My normal is about 36. I only get up to 37 (actual normal) when feeling very feverish. No idea if I'm actually running a fever then, or just temporarily being more normal!

ukxmrv

The first year for me was full of fevers and severe viral symptoms and then whammo, my temperature dropped and I was waking up in the mornings freezing cold and with a temp of 34-35 degrees. It never goes back to 37 now unless I am acutely and virally (or bacterially? ) ill.

I do get colds and flus and sinus infections and bronchitis and pneumonia etc but that was only after the first decade of having mainly the ME symptoms.

taniaaust1

I see that a sign of the immune system not able to mount a healthy attack against invaders.

Maybe no fever is run if someone isnt producing antibodies well?? thou it my case I have evidence I dont always do that well but I do run fevers (as part of my ME), thou i rarely get flu (I cant even remember the last time I had that).

patient.journey

My fever is always at 36.3 or 36.4 and when i get really sick it mostly get 37 as the highest level while when i got this bronchitis it jumped to 37.2 and doctor was going crazy how i dont have fever while my X-ray showing inflammation and my tonsils were this big !!

Am not sure if i get flus or those are regular relapses because i dont cough or sneeze with them, i got tonsils like twice a month specially after 2 months of Valcyte" it might be cause its dropping my WBC down" while it been less before i started it and am here talking about tonsils not the relapses because thankfully Valcyte helped me with my relapses, i take Antibiotics for tonsils and it usually clear it in 5 -7 days, i get sinus sometimes and since 5 weeks am stuck with bronchitis that wont leave me !!

Am considering to ask my doctor for some test like Chlamdyia, Mycoplasma pneumonia antibody , ASO and regular culture for sputum and throat !! Is there any other tests should i run with them ?

Is a week enough after stopping the Antibiotics to run those tests or should i wait more ?

Do you guys get bronchitis and how long does stay with you and what are the best options for treating it ??

Thanks alot

SOC

Do you guys get bronchitis and how long does stay with you and what are the best options for treating it ??

Bronchitis has been a big problem for me throughout this illness. I can't say I've found a great treatment. Sometimes macrolide antibiotics help, but they don't seem to keep it away long. Nine months of clarithromycin kept the bronchitis away for about a year, which was pretty good. The best treatment for me happened by accident -- I was taking nebulized glutathione for another reason but my bronchitis cleared up and stayed away for several years. Might have been a coincidence, of course. I've heard since that high doses of oral NAC or glutathione can help with C. pneumoniae, so that might be the explanation.

Sushi

Bronchitis has been a big problem for me throughout this illness. I can't say I've found a great treatment. Sometimes macrolide antibiotics help, but they don't seem to keep it away long. Nine months of clarithromycin kept the bronchitis away for about a year, which was pretty good. The best treatment for me happened by accident -- I was taking nebulized glutathione for another reason but my bronchitis cleared up and stayed away for several years. Might have been a coincidence, of course. I've heard since that high doses of oral NAC or glutathione can help with C. pneumoniae, so that might be the explanation.

Nebulized glutathione often helps bronchitis. Even one of my doctors used to do it for patients. I used to do it with a combo of glutathione and B12--but then I didn't have bronchitis so can't comment on that aspect. It is an easy treatment once you get the right nebulizer and find a source for reduced glutathione that is buffered--it really must be buffered. It is available in the States from Theranaturals--but they have at least 2 types of glutathione and you have to be careful to get the right one--the one that is meant to be nebulized and is buffered.
yes
Sushi

snowathlete

I dont get colds, flu etc.....until I started treatment for Bartonella about 6 weeks ago. Had a really bad cold a couple of weeks back. I'm sure that the change is related to the treatment. Part of the treatment is to lower my high cytokines so I think thats what this is most likely about, though I don't fully understand it.

rosie26

I suffered very bad fevers (bone aching) in the first 3 months of ME. Then I suffered the night sweats for many years, haven't had one for ages. I mainly now just get feverishness and chills when my ME is flaring. My temperature is usually always at 36 or 37 and I don't think my body is running true to temp. When I am feverish it doesn't seem to show up on a thermometer, it seems that way to me.

PNR2008

If I get a fever, I'm usually in big trouble (pnuemonia, bronchitis or a really weird viral assault or UTI). Here our usual is 98.6 but my normal is 97.2 so I am miserable when a fever strikes but the first year I had a low-grade fever most of the time. I'm sure though that at that time my NK cells weren't 5.

patient.journey

Nebulized glutathione often helps bronchitis. Even one of my doctors used to do it for patients. I used to do it with a combo of glutathione and B12--but then I didn't have bronchitis so can't comment on that aspect. It is an easy treatment once you get the right nebulizer and find a source for reduced glutathione that is buffered--it really must be buffered. It is available in the States from Theranaturals--but they have at least 2 types of cand you have to be careful to get the right one--the one that is meant to be nebulized and is buffered.
yes
Sushi

Guys i went to the pharmacy and the only ACETYLCYSTEINE they got is http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...cvzKq3QywGVj4C4Dw&itbs=1&sa=X&ved=0CC0QrQMwAA that is a treatment for sputum troubles !! is that what are you talking about ??

What is glutathione and what type of it should i take ? and what is better of those two ?

Am reading some stuff in google but am not sure what the benefit of them

Thanks

Sushi

Nope.
This is the one I used to use. I would open the capsule dissolve a very small dose in about 5 ml of distilled water and nebulize:

Reduced L-Glutathione™ Plus
http://www.theranaturals.com/products.html

Reduced L-Glutathione™ Plus Theranaturals™ trademarked name for its buffered form of GSH-Caps. Reduced L-Glutathione™ Plus capsules are specially engineered, without excipients, using high purity pharmaceutical grade reduced L-glutathione and sodium bicarbonate. Reduced L-Glutathione™ Plus Capsules can be administered in a variety of ways without body soft tissue irritation. An isotonic solution is produced when one Reduced L-Glutathione™ Plus capsule is dissolved in roughly 5 milliliters of distilled water.

Sushi

Omar88

P.S. The product I just linked does not require a prescription. You can also buy reduced glutathione for injection but it will not be buffered. For nebulizing (inhaling) it must be buffered. This product is buffered with sodium bicarbonate and is made for nebulizing. The people who make it are biochemists who developed this product for people with cystic fibrosis.

Sushi

patient.journey

Omar88

P.S. The product I just linked does not require a prescription. You can also buy reduced glutathione for injection but it will not be buffered. For nebulizing (inhaling) it must be buffered. This product is buffered with sodium bicarbonate and is made for nebulizing. The people who make it are biochemists who developed this product for people with cystic fibrosis.

Sushi

We only have http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133398 , http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4447507 could you please chick if those are what you are talking about cause GNC is the only store selling such stuff in my country !!

Thanks again and again

Sushi

Omar88

The first one isn't glutathione. The second one is but I don't think it would be safe for nebulizing. It must be formulated for nebulizing and it must be buffered. This is an oral product. You might have to get it from another country.

Sushi

patient.journey

Omar88

The first one isn't glutathione. The second one is but I don't think it would be safe for nebulizing. It must be formulated for nebulizing and it must be buffered. This is an oral product. You might have to get it from another country.

Sushi

Unfortunately we cant order such stuff from other countries it is the low for herbs here,, so am into those two choices !!

the first one is NAC not glutathione is it what other people taking ?