Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I definitely have PEM, does that mean I have ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by sam.d, Dec 7, 2017.

1. sam.d

sam.d

@JeanneD this seems indeed like the smart way to go. I've just booked my first consult with De Meirleir's clinic. Thanks so much for your reply here. Otherwise, I would have never gone for it.
    I will definitely keep you posted on the results of my labs!

JeanneD and PatJ like this.
  2. hamsterman

hamsterman Senior Member

Los Angeles
    Yeah, I agree. I had known about CFS/ME and about Phoenix rising for a while..... but I kept saying to myself... 'I dont have CFS'.....definitely biggest mistake of my life. But you are right... now that you have uncovered the mystery... everything becomes so much clearer. In 2016, I was crashing pretty much weekly...I could barely think that entire year... but since then, I've been learning how ME works... I continue to crash less and less... I've only crashed 3 times in the last 6 months... and I've learned a lot from those 3 crashes, and know exactly what I did wrong in each of those instances.

sam.d and JeanneD like this.
  3. sam.d

sam.d

EXACT same here. For me it went on with the constant crashing from about spring 2015 until this summer. I lost a lot of time on account of inertia and brain fog. I was just not able to think deeply about the problem or research possible solutions. I already consider my 30's to be a lost decade.Very frustrating as you're supposed to be in the prime of your life! But I'm very hopeful now. The few tips that I've had on this forum have already been my biggest breakthroughs in years. Yesterday, I had the first full day that I could work with full concentration and no crashes after meals. Probably since 2005 or earlier. All as a result of @PatJ's Betaine HCL + pepsin tip :):redface:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Stretched, Mary, PatJ and 1 other person like this.
  4. sam.d

sam.d

Guys, quick question about my upcoming tests with prof De Meirleir.
    Do I need to induce PEM before I go for my tests? Would that better help the tests detect what I have?

Stretched likes this.
  5. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    That sounds like a question for Dr. De Meirleir. I would be interested to hear the answer.

Stretched, Mel9 and sam.d like this.
  6. Stretched

Stretched Senior Member

U.S., Southeast
    IMO, you might report your history but don’t change your current routine. You don’t want to induce a false positive.

As stated elsewhere CFS mimics many other illnesses. It’s nebulous in that it’s almost like you’ll know it if you’ve got it, at least if your symptoms carryon for a long time, e.g. six months or more.

BTW, In addition to crashes, most PWCs go through periods of feeling really bad, similar to a super flu. If you cycle through such periods you could use this as a ‘marker’ for determining that you have CFS, particularly if the symptoms remain relatively repetitive.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017

See more popular forum discussions.