• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"I couldn't get out of bed for eight months - now I'm a burlesque stripper"

JaimeS

?! uh, oh... ehhh... nice and easy, now... put that stake down, and stay still... don't move. i'll... i'll just... back out of here, slowly... quietly...

Vampire.jpg

(i really didn't imagine getting myself cured from ME would put me at a greater risk of being killed by a fellow sufferer! just a gentle bite, it seemed innocent enough, at the time...)
Actually, as the depicted Slayer, I'm quite willing to work back to back with a vampire so long as they either have a soul or pretend convincingly... you know how it goes.

Calathea

And we can always help in the fight against aliens by cheering them on from our beds, while watching this going on on TV. Not that's I'm trying to persuade my partner to watch Stargate or anything...

Synchronised wheeling - hah, wouldn't it nice to have that level of dexterity and control!

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Oooooh, I would have gladly joined the men in black to defend the galaxy from ahem, nasty things. . .but I forgot about them. ;)
Don't know how that could have happened.
Must make a list. So many brilliant ways to cure our ME.
And for anyone who prefers the anime look, you can cure your ME by becoming Inuyasha and protecting the world from demons.
Inuyasha.jpeg

Gingergrrl

Well, purple would coordinate better with the circles under my eyes. Then again, I know that you have a liking for dachshunds (ooh, stage names, you could be 'Lady Weiner' :rofl:).

Don't you mean "the more the terrier!"? (apologies :oops:).

@Revel I love it and you crack me up as always! We might have to fight over the purple one as yellow is not my color...

JaimeS

Oooooh, I would have gladly joined the men in black to defend the galaxy from ahem, nasty things. . .but I forgot about them. ;)
Don't know how that could have happened.
Must make a list. So many brilliant ways to cure our ME.
And for anyone who prefers the anime look, you can cure your ME by becoming Inuyasha and protecting the world from demons.View attachment 12708

Hahah, well
images

was in the running... (Yes. I'm old-school!)

Though there are certain... side-effects... if you pick this hero. Along with the usual, there's the whole trouble-magnet thing. I'm not sure if I could live that life even if I didn't have ME! For such a light-hearted manga I felt sorry for the guy more often than I was laughing!

-J

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
@JaimeS
I've never seen that one but if we cross-genre maybe the trouble magnet thingy goes away if you roll a 20 on a 20 sider die.

Edit: also, this thread has been a hoot. A distraction from living in my ME body.
I've been reading on the 'hate this life' thread and this kind of poking fun is a tonic to being so mis/understood/represented etc.

My heart goes out to us all.

JaimeS

@JaimeS
I've never seen that one but if we cross-genre maybe the trouble magnet thingy goes away if you roll a 20 on a 20 sider die.

Lol! I have a feeling that the multiverse might explode if those two were brought together.

Shocked you don't recognize him - same manga-ka as Inuyasha, same flavor of zany writing. Many people say Inuyasha's story is, in many ways, a re-hash of Ranma's.

But I'm gonna call that off -topic to the thread (if anything can be said to be so in this one!)

May I say, all our heroic choices are truly awesome. I had no idea this group was so fannish!

Gingergrrl

upload_2015-9-22_16-36-26.png
upload_2015-9-22_16-37-35.png

Another option that I totally forgot to share is how I cured my ME by joining forces with Korra (from the Legend of Korra on Nickelodeon.) I actually only know about this show b/c of my daughter and having it cure my ME was an extra added bonus. (But our wheelchair boa routine is still my favorite... :D)