• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"I couldn't get out of bed for eight months - now I'm a burlesque stripper"

Raines

Seize. Eggs. I don't know. Zebra. Eighties.
Just read the article, don't know what to say is so infuriating.

Gingergrrl

upload_2015-9-18_15-59-20.png

I can't read the rest of the article (will be too annoyed :mad:) but the comments in this thread cracked me up :lol: and I couldn't resist posting a picture from the Full Monty since I love that movie and haven't seen Magic Mike.

I am sure this recovery story will soon be on Cort's website as @RL_sparky said...

jimells

View attachment 12658

I can't read the rest of the article (will be too annoyed :mad:) but the comments in this thread cracked me up :lol: and I couldn't resist posting a picture from the Full Monty since I love that movie and haven't seen Magic Mike.

I am sure this recovery story will soon be on Cort's website as @RL_sparky said...

I never understood the politics around Cort leaving this forum (and I don't really want to know) but I am completely baffled by his new website.

JaimeS

LOL x infinity

I just had a surreal vision of everyone from PR doing burlesque. Of course, we all collapsed and had to be wheeled away. No one found that bit very sexy, I'm afraid.

I'm looking for an emoticon, but I don't see anything extreme enough. How about:

:cry::rofl::thumbdown::snigger::cautious::aghhh::nervous::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head:

Does that work? I'm still not sure if I've conveyed my thinking thoroughly enough. :sluggish::bang-head::bang-head::bang-head:

SOC

I see your
And I raise you

jiFfM.jpg
Does the article allow photos in the comments section? I suppose not; that could get risky, or risque, on the this particular article. Maybe we just need to bomb the comments section with "[double facepalm]" and leave it at that. :p

alex3619

I'm not sure whether anyone else has spotted it, but the story has been filed by the Mirror (see top of article) as follows:
"News; Real Life Stories; Mental Health."
I can forgive some aspects of the Mirror's misrepresentation, but not that.

Given the content of the article it was inevitable it would be considered a mental health issue:

The 28-year-old's ME is believed to have been caused by depression and stress, following a childhood tragedy and years of bullying.

Depression is not a likely trigger, nor is stress, though trauma (physical or psychological) has been known to do it sometimes. Most triggers are overtly physical, including severe viral and bacterial infections. Yet getting this wrong will firmly label it as a mental health article.

Gingergrrl

I never understood the politics around Cort leaving this forum (and I don't really want to know) but I am completely baffled by his new website.

I was not here at that time and do not really know so am purely reacting to his current website and nothing before.