The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I am using B12 Adeno - do I need Hydroxy B12 or Methyl B12 as well?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Bansaw, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

OK, so according to my SNPs, I have to take Adeno B12 which I am doing.
    Now I think Is hould add another B12 to it.
    I am trying to make up my mind if I need Hydroxy B12 or Methyl B12, - which one is best?

2. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

I like methyl. I've gotten A LOT of benefit from it. But depending on snps some people seem to do better with hydroxy. I don't know which snps indicate hydroxy instead of methyl, though. Sorry about that. A little trial of methyl might be able to steer you in the right direction if no one pipes up with that info.

If you don't mind saying, which snps indicate adeno?

3. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    I don't know how long you have been on the Adeno B12 but I would stay with that for awhile to see how you do on it before adding in another form. That way you will know which might be working best for you.

whodathunkit likes this.
  4. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

thanks, all. Also I was wondering about Lithium, as B12 supposedly depletes it.

5. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I started lithium before B12/folate. It was excellent for my mood. Now, I'm using it approx. every other day. I've read a number of references to it helping B12 transport.

As I was searching for something re adenoB12, I came across this interesting comment from a pr thread:

Mixing B12 types and Brands, ratios Freddd July 2014
    About AdB12

whodathunkit likes this.
  6. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

Thanks for re-posting this nugget, ahmo. :thumbsup: I actually remember reading it a long time ago but it's a keeper and I'd forgotten it.

I've had to bump up both folate and mB12 recently and induced deficiency from taking glutathione precursors a while back may be why. I also suspect my maintenance dose of folate may have just been too low. But combined with taking NAC + glutamine + glycine for glutathione production, definitely it was too low. I started not feeling very good while doing this, and things have been a bit different since. Not bad, but a little more "vulnerable", if you will. This quote probably explains why. I'm in the process of getting all my levels back up again, trying to prevent what felt like an impending crash. So far so good. Odd runny nose and minor flu-y type symptoms that indicate folate deficiency for me, but I'm still up and going, still able to exercise, etc. And symptoms go away when I dose. We'll see how it goes.

This, too. :thumbsup:

Both these quotes explain some things for me. Hafta keep them in mind. :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    ahmo likes this.
  7. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia

See more popular forum discussions.