Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I am undergoing ozone therapy

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by gracie, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Thanks for posting your story, @samtemp.

I have never tried any ozone therapy other than my transdermal ozone water method, so unfortunately I cannot compare its efficacy (in terms of my subjective sense of how it helps my symptoms) to other methods. I came up with my transdermal method after hearing about ozone gas applied via a body bag that covers you whole body, and hoped that transdermal ozonated water would get similar results as a body bag.

But if anyone like yourself that has experience with other methods would like to try this transdermal ozone water approach, then you would be in a position to subjectively judge its efficacy against other methods.

It would certainly be much cheaper and much more convenient to administer ozone at home by this transdermal method.

Note also that that in ozone autohemotherapy, although you are applying 80 gamma ozone to around 100 ml of blood extracted from the body, there are around 50 liters of water in the body in total, so once this treated blood is returned to the body, the ozone in it gets diluted down by a factor of 50,000 / 100 = 500 times.

Sounds like you had a great improvement from ozone. Would you be able to quantify this improvement more precisely by saying where you were on the ME/CFS scale of Very Severe – Severe – Moderate – Mild – Remission before you had your ozone treatments, and where you are on the scale afterwards. Were you able to achieve a 1-level improvement on this scale (eg, move from moderate to mild, or move from mild to remission)?

Or did ozone not make much overall improvement to your ME/CFS, but just helped particular symptoms such as pain or sleep?

It is widely believed that ozone therapy will kill pathogens in the blood and tissues, just like the way bleach kills microbes. However, if you read any scientific source, you will find that the levels of ozone used in such therapies are far too low to have any direct killing effect on pathogens in your body.

It's possible that ozone might stimulate the immune system in a way that helps fight pathogens; that however is an indirect means of killing pathogens. But ozone may offer other benefits not related to pathogens.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Kiwi Jack

Kiwi Jack

Canada
    samtemp, I'd rather reply via PM but don't know how to do this (social tech neophyte), so if you can PM me I'm happy to share ... Kiwi Jack

3. samtemp

samtemp

Thanks for the advice, Hip. I'm already all-in on the heavy duty gear. Your transdermal modality is interesting, but I'm going to hit the ozone heavy first (DIV, rectal insufflations) before easing into lighter approaches later on.

My CFS symptoms have been fluctuating from moderate to very severe. Ozone decreased the fluctuations and kept me in the mild to moderate range (except for two separate flare up days).

You could be right! To be frank, I don't know how ozone works anymore. I've read that it revvs the immune system into high gear, that it directly kills pathogens, that it causes massive oxidation which then indirectly kills pathogens, that it works synergistically with vitamin C, E and glutathione, that it cancels out the effects of such antioxidants, etc. The reality is something probably along the lines of, "it does different things in different people with different problems."

All I can say for certain is that it works for me for now. I don't believe it can cure me, but it will buy me time. Hopefully, someday, the medical-science community will have strong consensus on what ozone does in the different bodies and diseases.

4. samtemp

samtemp

It's not just you, Jack, I can't figure out how to PM as well. I wonder if this is by design. Does anyone know?

5. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    New members don't immediately have PM permissions, but you do now. Just click on someone's avatar and choose "Start a Conversation."

samtemp likes this.
  6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

You say you fluctuate from moderate to very severe? When you say fluctuate, do you mean fluctuate from day to day, month to month, or year to year? There's a huge difference between these levels. Very severe patients are in bed almost 24 hours a day, with only enough energy to visit the bathroom briefly one a day. Whereas moderate patients can potter around the house.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  7. Kiwi Jack

Kiwi Jack

Canada
    When I click on your avatar Sushi I see that option, when I click on samtemp that option is not displayed?

samtemp likes this.
  8. samtemp

samtemp

From week to week.

9. Hip

Hip Senior Member

That's quite unusual, as most patients tend to be fairly fixed in their ME/CFS severity. Of course, ME/CFS patients will get temporarily worse for some days (or even a few weeks) due to the post-exertional malaise (PEM) that appears after they engage in physical exertion. Maybe that's what you are taking about: are your fluctuations due to PEM?

10. samtemp

samtemp

I have seven other active diseases, three of which are chronic, quite serious and exhibit overlapping symptoms. So I apologize but I don't think I would perfectly fit the mold of your scoring system. My CFS symptoms may be from lyme disease, at least that's what my doctors believe, despite my Lyme test being negative. They say that I should have the comphrehensive lyme exam that goes into the rarer lyme strains. But I digress...

I should also dislaim that my results from ozone therapy may not be helpful to others on this forum due to my constellation of problems with CFS being just one of them. I just thought I'd go on this forum because a lot of the patients I speak with while waiting for my treatments at my Ozone doctor's office have Lyme disease and the associated CFS, and they say it helps them immensely.

But your mileage will vary, as always.

Hope this helps.

Hip likes this.
  11. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    My doctor says that after the 7th or 8th pass of high pass ozone it also starts to help by regenerating stem cells.

Hip likes this.
  12. samtemp

samtemp

That's interesting. I haven't heard about that effect with high pass yet.

13. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    @Ema Will the benefits continue once the course of treatment is stopped or do you have to keep taking the treatment on a continuous basis ? What is the doc saying on this ? Can you find out ? I am thinking of going for this. But the cost is an issue.

14. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    My understanding is that, like acupuncture and other similar treatments, one can stretch the interval as time goes on. One might want to do a treatment every so often to keep the body in the right direction, regenerate stem cells etc, but maybe once every few months or a couple times a year.

15. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Thanks @Ema How is your energy level compared to before starting ozone therapy ? Do you have PEM ?

Ema likes this.
  16. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    It's a lot better. I do things, sometimes multiple things!, nearly every day now. Before I would really have to plan and think about going out, but now I can just decide and then do it. It's kind of amazing!

For example, the other day we took the dogs to the park, walked about 6000 steps, came home and washed all 3 dogs, and then I cleaned up and went to the grocery with my mother. Even last year, I would have come home, let my parents wash up, and I would have spent the rest of the day in bed. And that was even an improvement over previous years...where we couldn't go at all.

I never had PEM that badly from physical exercise, which I know is unusual. Emotional stress and mental activity are as likely to provoke PEM as anything else. But mostly I am just more fatigued than normal all the time.

Jesse2233 likes this.
  17. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Thanks @Ema That's great !

Ema likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.