• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

i am getting worse due to raising activity level-

taniaaust1

What I've found is that PEM can creep up and accumulate for me and then result in a crash. That is, I can increase my activity very slowly without crashes and even sustain it for a few weeks but then I start to get the sore throats, increased flu-like episodes, insomnia, etc.

I find the same as Hope when it comes to PEM also being able to creep up and accumulating over time esp over periods of 2-3 weeks. With only just going over ones limit, it may take time to notice it.

Thou you love to dance, dancing isnt a good exercise for ME/CFS. You are better off doing something like yoga (but not in a class as any exercise you start doing you need to SLOWLY build up and maintain at slight increases to see if a level is fine. Class situations dont really allow for that).

I really hope at this point you dont decide to do part time work.. it sounds as if you need to work out where a stable activity level lies for yourself first.

Ocean

Bigmama2,

I'm sorry to hear this and agree it's such a frustrating symptom. I hope you'll start resting more before it gets much worse. I got worse the past few monhs because of doing too much activity over the period of a few days. It was very minimal activity but it was too much for my body and because I didn't get enough rest in between I've been much worse the past few months. I'm really trying to learn from these experiences and take it very very very slow if I do start seeing any improvement. Great news to hear you've improved and I hope you'll be able to maintain that with pacing and not lose the improvement you achieved!