1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

i am getting worse due to raising activity level-

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by bigmama2, Sep 30, 2011.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I find the same as Hope when it comes to PEM also being able to creep up and accumulating over time esp over periods of 2-3 weeks. With only just going over ones limit, it may take time to notice it.

Thou you love to dance, dancing isnt a good exercise for ME/CFS. You are better off doing something like yoga (but not in a class as any exercise you start doing you need to SLOWLY build up and maintain at slight increases to see if a level is fine. Class situations dont really allow for that).

I really hope at this point you dont decide to do part time work.. it sounds as if you need to work out where a stable activity level lies for yourself first.
  2. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Bigmama2,

I'm sorry to hear this and agree it's such a frustrating symptom. I hope you'll start resting more before it gets much worse. I got worse the past few monhs because of doing too much activity over the period of a few days. It was very minimal activity but it was too much for my body and because I didn't get enough rest in between I've been much worse the past few months. I'm really trying to learn from these experiences and take it very very very slow if I do start seeing any improvement. Great news to hear you've improved and I hope you'll be able to maintain that with pacing and not lose the improvement you achieved!
  3. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    sorry double post

See more popular forum discussions.