Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hypothyroidism and Gastritis/IBS/SIBO

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Misfit Toy, May 14, 2016.

1. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    Ever since I had the thyroidectomy, my health has gone so far downhill. I have a fibroid that is suddenly killing me and I keep having gastritis.

When I went to a GI doc, he felt that it was IBS. This is IBS, but much worse. I have been on 4 or 5 antibiotics since November and my small intestine is killing me. Plus, I have developed a rash. It's on my legs and body.

I have taken pepcid, this time around with no luck.

The SIBO test my doc gave me...integrative doc is too hard to do. I can't read or figure it out at all. You blow into tubes.

I just called the GI doc on call and he is prescribing me a medicine to calm down the small intestine.

I can't take this. I am losing it. It is crazy how my whole body is just completely coming undone.

I have been getting my period early, all over the place, etc. An embolization for the fibroid is in order and yet I am so sick.

I just don't know how I am going to make this. It's too many things that I am dealing with.

I can't sleep at night.

2. redrachel76

redrachel76 Senior Member

Israel
    It's a big achievement to get the SIBO test. I wanted one and couldn't get it. Can't you phone them and ask them what to blow into.
    I wish I could say something more intelligent and helpful than that but I have terrible brain fog and dizziness today today. I wish you weren't going through this hell.

3. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    I can't figure out what to do. There are 5 tubes. So, my doctor's nurse wants me to see a GI doctor.

See more popular forum discussions.