Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hypotension, POTS, low blood volume, and related

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by SickOfSickness, Jun 2, 2012.

1. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Could someone list a lot of the treatments? Salt, compression stockings, electrolyte drinks, midodrine, and what else?

And list some related conditions that could benefit from those treatments?

Is thyroid related to these in any way?

I found compression stockings help me, but I need some alternatives. I am also trying to read about other conditions I may have, in case I don't have NMH or OH.

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I think under-active adrenals is a related condition and benefits from the electrolyte and salt treatments.

3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
  4. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    This is a far as I've gotten on this.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/dr-hain-on-oi-orthostatic-hypotension.17541/

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...t-table-test-pmttt-for-oi-pots-and-nmh.12291/

I have OI/POTS, Hashimoto's, celiac and brain damage from gluten, 4 whiplashes and a concussion ... :aghhh: so I'm not sure where to look in my case ...

I've been salt loading for several years and it helps me keep my bp up but that's all. Eating a healthy diet keeps most of my CFS symptoms under control but hasn't helped with this at all.

Laying down is the only thing that works for me but I have to lay supine for an hour normally go get full relief from being without blood in my upper body .. dr. peckerman calls this hypoperfusion.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-in-cfs-pots-leads-to-pene.12279/#post-208455

tc ... x

5. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

Midodrine constricts alpha venous receptors where increased vasodilating molecules or faulty vasoconstriction occurs, it however promotes reduced blood volume.
    Florinef and saline infusions boost blood volume and help some patients.
    I guess its a matter of looking at whether you pool in specific places or not at all to determine whether pooling or perhaps low blood volume might have an effect.

6. Sherlock

Sherlock tart cherry etc. for joints, insomnia

Czechosherlockia, USA
    Have you ever had the experience of leaving Florida and its allergens and finding that your BP is suddenly normal?

7. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    No. But I have alergies whereever I go. I'm alergic to most things on the skin prick allergy panel with
    dust mites being my worst.

See more popular forum discussions.