Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hypoglycemia driving me mad. Will HC help??

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by Grigor, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    If you only took it five days, you probably didn't do much damage. I took it for about 6 weeks... which was a *huge* mistake! It overstimulated me, causing *severe* anxiety and heart palpitations for the following 3 months, after which I was tanked. Instead of boosting my adrenals, it demolished them.

Prior to my HC debacle I was semi-functional. I haven't been the same since I took it five years ago. It is one of the worst substances I have ever willingly ingested.

presently_distant and Grigor like this.
  2. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member

Amsterdam
  3. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    I started at 2.5 mg and worked up to 20 mg over a 6 wk period. It was bad enough at 5 mg, so I was stupid to go further. At 20 mg is when I began to feel REALLY AWFUL.

You are supposed to taper down slowly, but that was hell, as every pill made me worse. So I eventually just had to stop cold turkey. So glad I did! I think it could have killed me to continue.

HORRIBLE substance. One of the worst things I have ever taken. I regret trying it. I am still not back to where I was before I took it in 2/09.

frederic83 likes this.
  4. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member

Amsterdam
    That's very bad indeed. My gp wants to stay at max 5 mg. So that's kind of ok. But I'm not a big fan of it either . Like I can't handle another major relapse

5. Sherpa

Sherpa Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie

USA
    Lots of HC horror stories can be found on Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome forums. Some people have good results with it as long as they stay on, but trouble when they go off.

not trying to scare, just share

6. hypoglycemic

hypoglycemic

30 MGs of HC did nothing for my hypoglycemia, but I gained 52 lbs!

7. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member

Amsterdam
    Ay. Yes. That's not good. Didn't lose it afterwards?

8. Leopardtail

Leopardtail Senior Member

England
    Grigor,

If you have OI then the issue is more likely to be Aldosterone or a subtle Thyroid issue... In my case fludrocortisone was TT he short term solution, T3 needed to sort things properly.

Grigor and ryan31337 like this.
  9. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

I found that supplementing with GTF chromium (glucose tolerance factor chromium) helped to stabilize blood sugar levels. I'm also on the methylation treatment which perhaps helps too.

Grigor likes this.
  10. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member

Amsterdam
    Yeah. It actually got a lot worse when I suddenly stopped with L Carnetine. I get fatter from Carnitine which means it slows down the thyroid. I lost a lot of weight in 2 weeks. And from then on I need to eat every 2 hours.
    My t3 is fine though.... But still

11. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member

Amsterdam
    Sadly don't tolerate it. Used to work and then boom. Intolerance

12. frederic83

frederic83 Senior Member

France
    I took HC for 2 weeks, low dose, 7 years ago and it was horrible. I had severe insomnia. Medrol saved my ass from this nightmare, fortunately. HC is one of the worst drug I ever tried.

13. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member

Amsterdam
    So Medrol got your reactive hypoglycemia in check again?

14. frederic83

frederic83 Senior Member

France
    I don't have hypoglycemia, I tried HC for CFS. Medrol helped my sleep, I slept like a baby, but it lasted only 3 weeks, then I had my usual sleep problems, but not the insomnia problem that HC did to me..

Grigor likes this.
  15. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member

Amsterdam
    Yeah thanks. I'm scared of HC. And haven't heard it helping RH. Sadly.

See more popular forum discussions.