• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hyperthermia and IV infusions

I have been seeing a doctor in the Breakspear clinic in the UK for a few months now. She has recommended that I have a number of courses of treatment, including hyperthermia, and IV infusions of vitamins, glutathione and B12 to aid detoxification. Full details on my blog...
http://thedamnchronicsituation.blogspot.ie/2013/06/breakspear-2-test-results-and-treatment.html

I am trying to decide whether it is worth doing, as it is not cheap. Does anyone have any experience with either of these treatments? I would appreciate any input.

xchocoholic

Hi. Fwiw, I'm not sure that even after 8 years of detoxing my body could handle all this. I tried iv vitamins
a couple of years ago and my only improvement was that the ivs stopped causing severe pain in my
arm at the injection site. Imho, I need bioavailable nutrients (adb12, p5p, etc) and these weren't available.

I haven't read your whole blog and was wondering if you've eliminated toxins from your environment. Both dietary and
whatever comes in contact with your body via touch or breathing. This would at least
lighten the toxic load on your body so you might be able to process these treatments. If you google prohealth
cytokines you'll see an article that explains what I'm taking about.

Imho, Taking hot epsoms salt baths will detox the same as the hyperthermia. You'll need to have
the water hot enough to bring your body temp up to 103 - 104 tho. It's been awhile since I tried this
so you'll need to verify what temp your body needs to get too.

I only did this twice because when my body
reached 103 I started dry heaving and feeling faint. I have (had?) a known parasite infection at the time
so I assumed my reaction was from dying parasites. Tmi .. Lol ..

So imho you may be able to save some $$$ if you try these options first.

Good luck. X