Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hypertension can possibly be autoimmune

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by sillysocks84, Apr 23, 2016.

1. sillysocks84

sillysocks84 Senior Member

With the knowledge that pots and cfs/me very well could be autoimmune and that some with us develop hypertensive blood pressure, here is an article from last year relating why they think up to 20% of hypertensive cases are actually an autoimmune phenomena. I'd love to hear any thoughts or more info on this. I know there was a girl on here treated with ritux that had high bp that dropped. See link below for the article about high bp being possibly autoimmune:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...through-in-fight-against-hypertension/6760270

CFS_for_19_years likes this.
  2. Marky90

Marky90 Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance

I think it`s a compensatory mechanism of disrupted circulation. My diastolic value goes up by almost 20 when standing, I will closely monitor if this stops if i respond to rituximab.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    merylg and sillysocks84 like this.
  3. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    It's about mice, so unlikely to apply to humans.

Poor creatures...

4. sillysocks84

sillysocks84 Senior Member

Please let us know how it goes! When do you get treated?

5. Hutan

Hutan Senior Member

New Zealand

See more popular forum discussions.