1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hyperbaric Oxygen/Oxidative Stress

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by ttt, Jul 1, 2013.

1. ttt

ttt

Santa Monica, CA
    I'm exploring the possibility of doing mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), because I've heard that it can help. What I don't understand, though, is how can something that oxidizes help when CFS/ME is a disease of oxidative stress? I'm sure I'm revealing my ignorance with this question, but if anyone understands it better than I do, please explain! Thanx!
    allyb and golden like this.
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I was diagnosed with Obstructive sleep apnea. I brought the results to my CFIDS Dr, and the oxygen levels were low enough that he precribed oxygen of 2L/min (oxygen concentrator, not tanks, less work this way). I have been doing this for over 3 years now.

GG
  3. Emootje

Emootje Senior Member

The Netherlands
  4. ttt

ttt

Santa Monica, CA
    Thank you, Emootje. ggingues, is what you're using a CPA machine or HBOT or something else? I don't know what an oxygen concentrator is. Thanks!
  5. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Valentijn likes this.
  6. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    I've just started HBOT for osteonecrosis in my jaw. Too early to tell its effects.
    golden likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.