• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hyperbaric Oxygen/Oxidative Stress

ttt

I'm exploring the possibility of doing mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), because I've heard that it can help. What I don't understand, though, is how can something that oxidizes help when CFS/ME is a disease of oxidative stress? I'm sure I'm revealing my ignorance with this question, but if anyone understands it better than I do, please explain! Thanx!

*GG*

I was diagnosed with Obstructive sleep apnea. I brought the results to my CFIDS Dr, and the oxygen levels were low enough that he precribed oxygen of 2L/min (oxygen concentrator, not tanks, less work this way). I have been doing this for over 3 years now.

GG

ttt

Thank you, Emootje. ggingues, is what you're using a CPA machine or HBOT or something else? I don't know what an oxygen concentrator is. Thanks!