1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Did You Have Yourself a Crashy Little Christmas?
Jody Smith may have dodged a holiday bullet this year. She's hoping. Only time will tell. How did you fare?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

HydroxyB12 and CBS

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Christopher, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    Theoretically, if I were having excess sulfur and ammonia being produced from methylation, would HB12 be a good idea to slow down methylation and deal with the excess ammonia/sulfur?

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    B12 would actually increase methylation. If you're having problems tolerating methyl supps due to CBS, you'll need to work on CBS first. The Heartfixer page has a good CBS protocol which I've used successfully, except I did the Free Thiol diet, and no Yasko RNA's.

Links in my signature.

allyb likes this.
  3. Christopher

Pennsylvania
    OK, but according to heartfixer, hb12 should be used to stimulate suox to help with sulfites.

4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    My doctor has me on 400mcg molybdenum for 3 months to deal with the sulfur.

5. joshi81

joshi81 Senior Member

Rome,Italy,Europe
    uhm but with 23and me they don't look into SUOX snp right??? because i never saw SUOX snp mentioned in people who ran the 23and me.. where did u test your suox???

6. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    You have to look up the rs numbers:
    rs11171718 (A = 4%)
    rs705703 (T = 2%, TT = 0)
    i5000977 (A is normal)
    i5000976 (A is normal)

7. Christopher

Pennsylvania
    I am waiting for my 23andme results - I didn't know before that you could find out SUOX from that test (thanks @Critterina).

I know from experience I cannot handle sulfur donors well, so I am assuming that is a problem for me. As I've trialed methylation, it seems that I do indeed hit a wall as far as ammonia or sulfur go (not potassium-related or methylfolate related - more is not better for all people).

8. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    @Christopher

I found where it says that, but Yasko doesn't say that (most of Heartfixer comes straight from Yasko), and I still disagree too. The very definition of CBS is that the pathway is upregulated, causing too many methyl intermediates coming through, which will overwhelm SUOX, causing inflammation, thus causing a stress/anxiety reaction.

Taking more methyl intermediates will only make the problem worse. Before I treated for CBS, I literally couldn't tolerate even 1 mcg of methylcobalamin, and I don't tolerate hydroxycobalamin at all so I can't comment on that.

Maybe he feels that since hydroxy has to be converted into methylcobalamin, that it will get around the methyl intermediate problem. If you decide to try it, I sure wouldn't take 2000mcg of hydroxy right off the bat.

The Heartfixer page, while a wonderful resource, is from 2008 - this is a fast moving new field of study and things have changed a lot since then. Dr. Roberts hasn't updated his page, so he may have something different to say about that now.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  9. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    @minkeygirl

I heard on an MTHFRsupport podcast that people taking high amounts of moly like that could potentially drive their sulfur too low, causing other problems (very serious ones too). The amount they quoted was 500mcg, which is close to what you're taking.

Yasko suggests 75mcg. That's what I took. I feel that's a safe amount, and I was able to resolve CBS in 3 months.

I think it was this episode, http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mthfrsupport/2013/10/24/the-cbs-debate, if you want to check it out for youself.

10. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast

My doctor is aware of the amount I am taking. Since she is more informed about my total health picture I will go by what she is recommending. And I'm not sure why your source is more knowledgeable than my doctor. (I'm not interested in listening to it.)

See more popular forum discussions.