August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hydrocortisone users?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by heapsreal, Nov 27, 2015.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Those who use hc for adrenal dysfunction or maybe just stress dosing, do u find increasing hc dose slightly helps for a few days when hit by a cold or flu?

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I don't know but rat poo helps.

3. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    For a fecal transplant ?
    EW!!!

4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I found a site for DIY fecal transplants. Now that's Ew!

5. Groggy Doggy

Groggy Doggy Who let the dogs out?!! Woof! Woof!

I improve with just about any condition with a short dose of oral cortisone. I feel better, breath better, reduce inflammation, reduction in pain, and have more energy. I never have any side effects with a short term dosage. If cortisone didn't cause any long term side effects, I would take it daily. I've only used hydrocortisone as a cream for skin rashes.

heapsreal likes this.
  6. Groggy Doggy

Groggy Doggy Who let the dogs out?!! Woof! Woof!

@minkeygirl
    I thought you were kidding until I looked it up I wonder if there is an underground black market for healthy poop?

7. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

W. Sussex UK
    Doing my bit to spread awareness about topical steroids(steroid creams) here: please look up topical steroid addiction/red skin syndrome, ITSAN.

barbc56 likes this.
  8. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

@slysaint

That's rather disconcerting. I'll keep this in mind.

Thanks.

Barb

9. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Hi @heapsreal ;

Yes, increasing HC with any sort of suspected infection helps, or rather, prevents worsening of symptoms and infection.

As you know, cortisol, in healthies, is supposed to increase with any sort of infection.

My pituitary hardly produces ACTH, thus, no cortisol. ( I may never learn of the origin, but I'm pretty sure it was from infections translocating from oral and sinus areas. Can only guess. Father had AI symptoms, many infections, many high doses of HC.)

In the past, I was able to only increase HC to battle most infections, but now, I'm having to add abx. Herbals used to help. Sometimes, I combine herbals with abx.

Hot mess, no fever.

heapsreal likes this.
  10. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)

I mostly use pregnenolone and stress dose hc when working long stints etc. I took a 5mg dose twice yesterday, a low dose, and felt better for it. I actually slept better last night. Night before last was a shocker.

Like u say our cortisol levels naturally are suppose to go up after an infection, probably to help control inflammation etc. I think this extra inflammation was a part of the reason i slept so bad 2 nights ago.

I think many of us dont have obvious low cortisol but also dont have the ability to produce extra cortisol during stressful periods like colds/flu . Also cortisol rthym is whacked in many of us.

Paralee and Crux like this.
  11. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    It's been a long time since I tried pregnenolone, got pretty hopped up, guess I didn't convert it to cortisol.
    Good that it works in your case, maybe less side effects?

Inflammation is the main cause for my insomnia. Keep trying to pin down the causes. Infection is the most recent, and biggest.

The cortisol has to be just right for sleep, it's true that too low = bad sleep, too high = bad sleep.

I may try Preg. again. See what happens. I'm now able to tolerate small dose of trans. DHEA. I think infections can cause many intolerances. Microbes can utilize anything and leave us with inflammation from their metabolites.

heapsreal likes this.
  12. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    I recently tried pregnenolone pills. I didnt notice much. Back on transdermal lipodermal pregnenolone which seems to work better.

Crux likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.