Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hydrocortisone Sublingually

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by xks201, Jun 10, 2012.

1. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

I highly recommend to those of you on hydrocortisone or possibly even thyroid replacement or other hormones like aldosterone to take it sublingually.

I find the Cortef to be 10 times more effective (subjectively speaking) if I take it sublingually. Sometimes I literally do not even feel the hydrocortisone hit if I take it regularly. My endo says not to take it sublingually, but me and my friend do and if we didn't we probably wouldn't get out of bed.

taniaaust1 likes this.
  2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I take HC sublingually too.

Just make sure to rinse the mouth out well or use a mouthwash like Listerine afterwards.

It works much better for me this way. I've just recently started taking Florinef subling and will be curious to see if it allows me to reduce the dose.

3. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

Make sure too take sea salt daily with Florinef.

Also I have made a very interesting observation regarding sublingual dhea... Seems to work much better. I think the metabolites are different sublingually dosed.

4. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Another question - How long did it take for you to feel the effects of the Picamillon on producing GABA?

See more popular forum discussions.