• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Human Growth Hormone-Do sprays work or should I try to get injectables

Zensational

Does anyone have experience with HGH for pituitary hormone replacement. My pituitary IGF-1 levels are extremely low due to the EBV infection that left my pituitary with a ruptured membrane and thus flattened my pituitary gland. I know HGH would help and just say Suzanne Sommers on Ricki Lake show talking about taking bioidentical hormones as well as injectable HGH. She discounts the common myth that HGH is dangerous and says that she has been on it for 10 years. She says that taken in the correct dosage it is very safe and rejuvenating. You should see her husband at 76. He looks great. HGH got a bad rap when athletes and body builders started abusing it. So now it costs a fortune. A male friend of mine said he was using several years ago and it was locally available for only $100 a month. Said he felt great, slept like a baby and lost weight and gained muscle mass.
If I can't get the injectables I'd be willing to try the homeopathic sprays. Anyone have any success with either of these.
Desperate for deep sleep.

Ema

It does cost a fortune...and my insurance would not cover it without an ITT.

I have another friend (diagnosed hypopit) who had an ITT when she took HGH a few years ago and when she wanted to restart it, the insurance still dragged their feet until her doctor gave up on it without a new ITT.

She got overdosed on HGH and had some pain issues so she stopped it. But it was clearly not a terrible experience or she would not have been seeking it again!

I'm not a big fan of the ITT. I think it can be dangerous especially if there are any cortisol abnormalities relating to an HPA axis dysfunction. Those people can get into big time trouble due to low blood sugar if you can't mount an appropriate response to the insulin induced state.

Maybe you will have better luck with the pituitary issue and a low IGF 1. But my understanding is that IGF1 isn't a terribly reliable indicator of actual growth hormone status.

Ema

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
low gh/igf could also be a sign of crappy sleep as deep sleep is when GH is released. maybe meds that can help with deep sleep can improve this??

How about trans-d-tropin? I think there is sufficent HGH, but its release declines with age.

Zensational

low gh/igf could also be a sign of crappy sleep as deep sleep is when GH is released. maybe meds that can help with deep sleep can improve this??
That's exactly right. Deep sleep is when hgh is released. I cannot take meds. I've tried Klonopin, thought I was going to die trying to get off of that. Also Gabapentin and got a migraine when it started to wear off in the morning. Plus it did not improve the quality of my sleep and I was groggy all next day.

xks201

the homeopathic spray is useless, especially if you have pituitary damage.

Ema

That's exactly right. Deep sleep is when hgh is released. I cannot take meds. I've tried Klonopin, thought I was going to die trying to get off of that. Also Gabapentin and got a migraine when it started to wear off in the morning. Plus it did not improve the quality of my sleep and I was groggy all next day.
Have you ever tried a low dose of Flexeril? It's a muscle relaxer that has some similarities to tricyclics. It is also supposed to increase stage IV sleep.

My doctor prescribed 5 mg nightly and I think it helps me sleep more soundly. That is about half the amount used for muscle spasm and I don't have any morning hangover. It also can be stopped without weaning. I've been using it for about 6 weeks and haven't noticed any tolerance building either. It won't put you to sleep in my experience but it may improve the quality.

Ema

xks201

Okay, HGH spray is a gimmick. There is not enough physiologic quantity of hormone in a homeopathic HGH spray to do anything. The idea of endocrine homepathy is that a slight amount of a hormone ingested will stimulate activity of the gland. Most likely whatever little amount is in these sprays (if there even is any at all) will be destroyed in your digestive tract by stomach acid. If your pituitary is damaged, then it can't be stimulated anyway. It is a huge gimmick. There is no comparison. It is useless.

Zensational

Okay, HGH spray is a gimmick. There is not enough physiologic quantity of hormone in a homeopathic HGH spray to do anything. The idea of endocrine homepathy is that a slight amount of a hormone ingested will stimulate activity of the gland. Most likely whatever little amount is in these sprays (if there even is any at all) will be destroyed in your digestive tract by stomach acid. If your pituitary is damaged, then it can't be stimulated anyway. It is a huge gimmick. There is no comparison. It is useless.

Homeopathy is based on the "law of similars" and is the "energy" on the substance. That's why there is not much of the actual substance in the remedy. Yes it would be destroyed by stomach acid but that is why it is sprayed under the tongue and absorbed by the major blood vessels under the tongue. I have had success with some homeopathic remedies. For instance, if bitten by a bee, I take ledum p. and the sting site is flat by the next day.
I am looking for anyone who has had a positive experience with one of these homeopathics or secretagogues.
I realize that homeopathy is not accepted by the medical community.

Lotus97

Liddell has a homeopathic HGH spray with pituitary and human growth hormone. Some customer reviews do say it did nothing, but others say it helped a lot and still others said it caused side effects. Maybe you can disregard some (or all) of the positive reviews as placebo, but what about the one's with side effects? It's definitely doing something. Whether it's actually doing what it claims is another story.

Zensational

Liddell has a homeopathic HGH spray with pituitary and human growth hormone. Some customer reviews do say it did nothing, but others say it helped a lot and still others said it caused side effects. Maybe you can disregard some (or all) of the positive reviews as placebo, but what about the one's with side effects? It's definitely doing something. Whether it's actually doing what it claims is another story.
Thanks for that info. I looked the Liddell homeopathic and I like the fact that it has the Pituitary Porcine 30X in it. I will give it a try and report back on the results.