• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Huge improvement in two hours

ahmo

@Thinktank I don't get symptoms. I've never noticed symptoms from probiotics, and currently am not taking any, as I'm in the midst of purging Candida. But I now avoid those on lowhistaminechef's list:

Lactobacillus casei (produces histamine and tyramine)

Lactobacillus Bulgaricus (increases histamine alone)

It seems that the name of the ingredient in this Allergy Research Russian choice rhamnosus lysate powder supplement is Lactobacillus rhamnosus cell lysate, which is composed of peptides derived from the cell wall of Lactobacillus rhamnosus bacteria.

Another brand of the same product is Del-Immune V, and on their website I found the following text:

Some research papers on Del-Immune V are found here.

Some excerpts from these research papers are as follows:

➤ Research paper: Del-Immune V Profile.

Note that several of the cytokines Del-Immune V stimulates (the ones I put in bold) are the Th1 cytokines, which of course are desirable for ME/CFS, as ME/CFS patients need to boost their Th1 cytokines in order to get better.

Just a quick reminder:
Th1 cytokines are: IL-2, IL-12, IFN-γ
Th2 cytokines are: IL-4, IL-10

➤ Research paper: Study of Interferonogenous Activity of the New Probiotic Formulation Del-Immune V (A better pdf version of this document can be found here.)

This study found that Del-Immune V Lactobacillus rhamnosus lysate induces interferon alpha and interferon gamma.

But although Del-Immune V induced higher levels of interferon than Bifidobacterium bifidum bacteria, presumably a Bifidobacterium bifidum probiotic might be almost as good as Del-Immune V?

➤ Analysis: An Analytical Comparison of Del-Immune V® and Russian Choice Immune

The conclusion here is that there are some important differences between these two Lactobacillus rhamnosus cell lysate supplements:

Del-Immune V contained at least three times more protein than Russian Choice Immune.
Del-Immune V contained more than 100 times the DNA than the Russian Choice Immune capsules.

More info regarding the comparison of the two products: Russian Choice Immune vs Del-Immune V is found here.

I also found this study: Lactobacillus rhamnosus cell lysate in the management of resistant childhood atopic eczema.

This study found that Lactobacillus rhamnosus cell lysate provides a substantial improvement in eczema skin symptoms.

Hey Hip,

I've just ordered the del-immune v product thinking it was a probiotic, but just read your comment and realised its not a probiotic as such, is it?

I'll need to keep on taking it to get any benefits with no chance of creating a colony of bacteria?

Am I reading that right?

Thx:)

Hip

I'll need to keep on taking it to get any benefits with no chance of creating a colony of bacteria?

Am I reading that right?

It does not contain any live bacteria, just the walls of dead bacteria, which act to stimulate the immune system.