The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Huffington Post by Dr Simon Duffy 'Will The UK Establishment Finally Stop Denying The Reality Of ME?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Yogi, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Yogi

Yogi Senior Member

http://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-simon-duffy/uk-establishment-me_b_18375968.html

Great article by one of my favourite authors!
    I :heart: Dr Simon Duffy and CWR.

Weaves all the important stories together - Jen Brea, Unrest, PACE trial, psychiatric cover up, BPS, Wessely, Unum Insurance, Tuller, CDC, Countess of Mar, Science media centre,!!

2. Yogi

Yogi Senior Member

Lets get this on the most read of Huffington Post to get wider readership!

3. char47

char47 Senior Member

its great, great comment by Nasim Jaffrey too - may be others so done-in to read further

4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    When?
    When Simon Wessely is arrested, tried, found guilty and imprisoned for his actions against ME and other patients.
    or
    he and vast majority of his victims are dead, that's how it usually works with the utterly corrupt, extremely evil British Establishment (see asbestos, nuclear/chemical weapon test veterans etc).

All about power, cover ups, keeping each other's ass covered.
    Until he, as the man who's been honoured by the Establishment to protect him, has been broken and exposed as an abuser, this crap will continue.
    See current exposes of other types of abuse by famous powerful people.
    Not until heads roll (exposed, loss of patronage, contracts, honours etc), do things change.

5. Alvin2

Alvin2 If humans were rational...

Until we have a disease mechanism the reality deniers will have claim to legitimacy. Put another way if they tried to claim diabetes is not real and is psychosomatic (and take away people's insulin) they would be laughed off the stage and probably lose their medical licenses.

Zombie_Lurker and JohnCB like this.

See more popular forum discussions.