1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Huffington Post "Avoid this if you want to keep your thyroid healthy"

Discussion in 'Thyroid Dysfunction' started by JillBohr, Mar 4, 2010.

1. JillBohr

JillBohr Senior Member

Columbus, OH
    Interesting article here on the thyroid. I think I have heard of the iodine depletion theory elsewhere but this article had some great timing for me personally because my son's teacher requested that I bring some Mountain Dew in for a reinforcer for my son with autism. I will now have to come up with another reinforcer (sigh). Main point, avoid BROMINE! Here is the linky:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/thyroid-health_b_472953.html

I copied part of the article below in which it shows what Bromine can do to you.

Oh, and this article also linked to a paper about the urinary output of iodine levels in Americans. Apparently, we are peeing a lot less iodine over the past 20 years.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/83/10/3398

2. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    Add to this the stripped down thing they call salt today and how they keep reducing even that in our diet and it's no wonder there is an epidemic of thyroid problems.

3. JillBohr

JillBohr Senior Member

Columbus, OH
    Seriously, I long for the days when we had sugar in our sodas and iodine in our baked goods products. My ex-husband's family have to avoid any type of bready products because it causes gastrointestional problems. Both of my son's with autism also get strange skin rashes.

See more popular forum discussions.