Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

HTLV-1 and Valproic Acid

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Daffodil, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

If XMRV / MLV's behave similarly to HTLV-1, ie. causing problems mainly through accumulation of proviral loads via cell mitosis, i wonder if Valproic acid might help. There is an ongoing trial of Valproic acid in HAM/TSP and this article states that it can reactivate HTLV-1 and make it susceptible to immune system mechanisms:

bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/cgi/reprint/110/10/3722.pdf

they tried it to clear HIV but it didnt work. however, our requirements might be different.

2. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    thanks for posting this. when i realized that defreitas said her viral discovry was htlv-like I searched HTLV on pub med this summer and noticed a dearth of research on it imho the last 20 years. doesnt seem like they got aggressively on trying to figure that one out.

3. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

yes..i know a man who has HTLV-1 and a CFS-like syndrome...he is adamant that the gov't (reagan admin) tried to cover that one up too and spends a lot of his time advocating.

See more popular forum discussions.