1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Howard Bloom and CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ember, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Healtheo360 is launching an in-depth new interview series…360Interviews!

360 Interviews takes an in-depth look at the journeys of incredible individuals, how their lives were altered by chronic conditions, and how they took back control.”
    Watch the Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 1: The Origins of Howard Bloom, described here as “Part 1 of a multiparter on my 15 year wrestling match with the illlness that imprisoned me in a bedroom."

See also: health360's 360 Interviews highlight the life of Howard Bloom, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Authority

"With more than 90% of Americans living with CFS being initially dismissed or misdiagnosed by their families and healthcare providers, Howard Bloom shares his journey of diagnosis, adaptation and survival."

The 2007 book Chronic Fatigue Syndrome For Dummies includes Howard Bloom as one of the ten most famous people with CFS.[5]
  2. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Valentijn likes this.
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Very fascinating person ... sucks that he has ME/CFS, but I'm glad he's part of the community.
  4. Ember

Ember Senior Member

5. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 Senior Member

USA
    Thanks for posting Ember! I just read something about him last week and learned that he had CFS. I kept thinking, he would be a great public relations person for our cause. He understands marketing and he has alot of contacts.
    Moxie, Valentijn and Ember like this.
  6. Ember

Ember Senior Member

7. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 5 : Into the Music Business...Howard discovers the perils of negotiating salary and plaid pants.
  8. HowToEscape?

HowToEscape? Senior Member

Thanks for posting this. Howard is quite a guy, someone who did everything on his own initiative. I read "Genius of the Beast" and he's just published another book, "The God Problem".
  9. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 6: Working With Dot & Paramount...Howard tells us about power shifts and his discovery of a star!​
  10. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 7: Before the Strength Disappeared...Howard's career takes off but CFS lurks in the near future.
    Valentijn likes this.
  11. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Harold Bloom has been promoting his new book, The God Problem, in California. Impatient with the slow progress of his tale, I indulged in this sneak preview, taken from Dan Schneider's earlier interview:
    I hope that this hasn't spoiled the ending!
  12. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 8: Chaka Khan & The Birth of the Howard Bloom Organization...Howard branches out and forms the Howard Bloom Organization.

Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 9: Publicity & The Womacks...In the world of PR, honesty and truth always find a way.

Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 10: Cyndi Lauper and CFS...While working with Cyndi Lauper, Howard is confronted with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
  13. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 11: Why it's NOT the "Fatigue" Syndrome...Howard reflects on the power of names.
  14. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

He's well now.
    But I'll wait until he tells how he did it.
    I wouldn't be able to use his method but it gets to a key issue about neuroendocrine disorders, stress, central sensitization in the brain--for CFS, MCS, and many other "conditions."

It's fascinating.
  15. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Wow. Thank you Ember. Part 11 is really powerful.
    "That doesn't mean you have nothing, it means [your doctor] has nothing.That means there's something wrong not with you, but with your doctor."
    He makes his points with such potency and conviction. It's beautiful.
    I'm so glad he's speaking out about these things.
    Dreambirdie likes this.
  16. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 12: Understanding Your Symptoms...Your symptoms can and will be unique! Never discount them!
    leela and Valentijn like this.
  17. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 13 : Finding Your Modality...How to avoid falling through the cracks of condition diagnosis and find your own modality.
    Valentijn likes this.
  18. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Howard Bloom interview -- Chapter 14: Finding Support...How online support saved me... in the early 90s.​

Valentijn likes this.
  19. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Oxytocin Injection
    Gabapentin
  20. Ember

Ember Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.