• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to treat KPU/HPU

Hi, I'm new to the forum!

I've been struggling with illness for 3 whole years. It all started with brain fog, dizziness, derealization, tingling all over my body so that I needed to quit college, and from there it only went down to where I am now--chronically fatigued to the point that can't even make myself a lunch, so fogged that I hardly read and having pain all over the body :(

I've been told for years that it's all in my head. But about half a year ago I found out I may have Lyme. Now this is kind of in the air because even though some tests are positive I don't really respond to the treatment well.

But now another thing is possible for me! KPU/HPU. I sent blood to the Netherlands and received the results today!

HPL 497 range 15-250
Kryptopyrrol 23.5 range <15.0

Now, I'd like to ask you if you think The Core protocol from BioPure is good thing? I'm afraid it doesn't have enough zinc. It only has 40mg zinc while Dr. Klinghardt says there should be 250mg zinc per day. So should I supplement additional zinc? when should I take Core? What about proper detox?

Sea

Sorry Tim I have no knowledge to help you with this but welcome to the forum. There is lots of info here and many people with a great deal of knowledge

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
tim0011

I tried the protocol as set out by Dr. Klinghardt and slowly built up the zinc. But I never was able to handle the full amount. It was a while ago and I don't remember what symptoms the zinc gave me or how much I was able to take, but from my experience I'd guess that how much zinc you can handle varies from person to person.

Maybe you could try building up slowly and monitoring how it goes!

And, welcome to the forum! As you read, I'm sure you'll find other clues to this perplexing and debilitating illness.

Best wishes,
Sushi

P.S. there are other threads on this subject. Look for them using the google search function at the bottom of the "forums" page.

Sushi how did you go with detoxing? Dr. Klinghadrt says that one should never combine both zinc supplement and detoxing because detox agents suck up anything from zinc to heavy metals which are released when one takes zinc. So I'm thinking if I should take The Core in the morning maybe and in the evening detox with Zeolite? How did you take supplements and chelators?

Hi there! I have a friend that suffers mostly of fatigue and derealization....do you think she should get a test? She has been diagnosed with Bartonella and many viruses