Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How to test for tumor necrosis factor-alpha ?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Peyt, May 6, 2017.

1. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Hi,
    Yesterday I ran my genetic testing through 23andme and noticed I am GG on Gene rs1800629 which is the gene responsible for tumor necrosis factor-alpha .

I have been told just because i have the gene mutation it does not mean the gene is active and I need to now follow up with laboratory tests to see if I even need to worry about this or not... but the symptoms sure resonate with all that I have been suffering with so I want to test myself to see if I have excess TNF-a .... what is the name of the lab test? anyone know? (If I know the name, I can ask my Dr. to write up the lab work for me)

Thank you so much,
    Peyt

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

GG is the normal version. And it's not actually on the TNF gene, just near it.

3. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

My bad, I meant A,G
    Attached is what I am going by
    Are you saying this is nothing to worry about?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  4. Rooney

Rooney Senior Member

SE USA
    TNFa lab test would be done in a research lab. I asked about it this year here in the US

5. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.