• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to remove bacterial biofilm from the nose?

Valentijn

They certainly do provide some relief.
Those studies are in vitro, so don't show actual efficacy in the human body (in vivo). Many things work in vitro which do not have a similar effect in vivo, or which have dangerous side effects in vivo. For example, if peppermint oil needs to get into the blood stream to be effective, it might also cause serious health problems itself.

joe12

The FAD and FMN are both from B2, and the most available form is called coenzymated B2, such as Source Naturals coenzymated b2.

Very interesting about the floaters, I've never heard that explanation. Yeah, I have floaters, the pain around the eyes, nose, general face pain in that area, it comes and goes. Is yours constant?

Thioredoxin reduces (neutralizes) the free radicals (oxidative stress). I'll see if I can find the thread where I found out about it for you.

The cause? Something to think about. Maybe just reactive oxygen species from the virus? ROS is the acronym, I'll see if i can find some links.
Yes, my pain is constant, burning, non-pulsating with photophobia. I think ROS plays a major role, my problem is that I don't have until forever to figure this out, its already been six years and I am tired and suffering from the effects on the eyes, so I am considering getting whole genome sequencing. I will try the nasal abx, and then try antivirals to try. If this doesn't work then I get sequenced.

Violeta

Yes, my pain is constant, burning, non-pulsating with photophobia. I think ROS plays a major role, my problem is that I don't have until forever to figure this out, its already been six years and I am tired and suffering from the effects on the eyes, so I am considering getting whole genome sequencing. I will try the nasal abx, and then try antivirals to try. If this doesn't work then I get sequenced.
If it's a virus, the abx will make it worse.

And actually, if you take an antiviral before dealing with the oxidative stress, you will probably feel worse, too.

joe12

If it's a virus, the abx will make it worse.

And actually, if you take an antiviral before dealing with the oxidative stress, you will probably feel worse, too.
Then how do I do this? I already take a few herbal extracts. And, how would the abx make the virus worse?

Violeta

There's a thread on how antibiotics make viruses worse, fairly recent.

Take care of the oxidative stress.

Violeta

Have you tried alka seltzer? I make my own alka seltzer mix, and sometimes it works for the pain. It's important to find something toxic that helps with the pain. Would you be interested in trying that?

joe12

Have you tried alka seltzer? I make my own alka seltzer mix, and sometimes it works for the pain. It's important to find something toxic that helps with the pain. Would you be interested in trying that?
How? What if I don't make enough glutathione or sod or the other anti-oxidants because of mutations?

Violeta

Just buy some at the store, you don't have to mix it yourself.

It would be good to get genetics done, and then maybe find someone to help you.

The person from whom I found out about thioredoxin is no longer here, but he was very good at trying to help people figure out what was wrong and what might help. He linked to a nutrigenomics site that looked interesting, but I'm not so interested in genetics.