1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How to reduce vivid dreaming from Klonopin (Clonazepam)?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by CBS64, May 24, 2013.

1. CBS64

CBS64

I've been taking .5mg Clonazepam and 3.5mg Doxepin for 5 months and it does help me sleep longer. However, I've had very long, vivid dreams every night and often wake up feeling sort of exhausted -- like I've been living the dream all night. My acupuncturist said that vivid dreaming is a sign of disturbed sleep -- that the conscious mind shouldn't be "engaged" at night. It also feels like I'm not getting as deep a sleep as I need to.

I thought I remembered seeing a post where someone said that taking inositol would reduce vivid dreaming, but I can't remember for sure. Does anyone know anything about this?

Any other ideas for reducing the dreaming and/or getting deeper sleep?

Thanks
  2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Clonazepam will deplete melatonin. You can take melatonin along with it.

I checked out Doxepin and it will deplete B2 and CoQ10. Both of those are involved with sleep indirectly. You'll have to ask your doc or do research to see if they are any contraindications as I don't have direct experience with those.
  3. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I've been taking klonopin for waaaaay too long, and have never experienced 'vivid' dreaming. But of course we're all different. I did google doxepin, and right away, the 'vivid dreaming' came up as a side effect.

???

See more popular forum discussions.