1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How to raise homocysteine levels?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by joshi81, Jan 3, 2014.

1. joshi81

joshi81 Senior Member

Rome,Italy,Europe
    Hi i have low homocysteine.... i don't know if it is my heterozigous 1298 mthfr or my heterozygous CBS or both, or tha fact that i juice vegetables and eat a lot of veggies or a combination of all three.
    But anyway i have a low homocisteyne.
    In a situation like this wouldn't be worst to attempt a methylation protocol? a mean using methylfolate and methylcobalamine won't meake the situation worst?
    Ho can i manage? thanks

2. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

If I recall correctly your Hcy level was slightly below 5 which is still acceptable. Ranges are not so rigid, if you research a little bit you will find that someone says the lowest range is 5, others will say 4.5

In any case take a look here:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/304781-how-to-increase-my-homocysteine-levels/

ETA: Also increasing the intake of l-methionine in your diet might help.

cheers

3. joshi81

joshi81 Senior Member

Rome,Italy,Europe
    thanks peter yes mine was 4.8, the point is: though i'm already borderline i'm just concerned about the fact that starting a methylation protocol could make my Homo to decrease further..

4. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Indeed it could. Do you have specific reasons for starting a methylation protocol?
    Are you consulting with a doctor or naturopath? If your doctor recommended maybe there are good reasons, I don't know your situation. Otherwise if you are doing it on your own you should probably try for a short period of time, say 4-6 weeks and then check your Hcy levels again. If you see that they are going down you should not push it.

See more popular forum discussions.