• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to raise homocysteine levels?

joshi81

Hi i have low homocysteine.... i don't know if it is my heterozigous 1298 mthfr or my heterozygous CBS or both, or tha fact that i juice vegetables and eat a lot of veggies or a combination of all three.
But anyway i have a low homocisteyne.
In a situation like this wouldn't be worst to attempt a methylation protocol? a mean using methylfolate and methylcobalamine won't meake the situation worst?
Ho can i manage? thanks

joshi81

thanks peter yes mine was 4.8, the point is: though i'm already borderline i'm just concerned about the fact that starting a methylation protocol could make my Homo to decrease further..

PeterPositive

Indeed it could. Do you have specific reasons for starting a methylation protocol?
Are you consulting with a doctor or naturopath? If your doctor recommended maybe there are good reasons, I don't know your situation. Otherwise if you are doing it on your own you should probably try for a short period of time, say 4-6 weeks and then check your Hcy levels again. If you see that they are going down you should not push it.