• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to measure level of exortion?

notmyself

I'm still having problems learning what level of activity is to0 much and what not for my body. I am commited to avoid any psyhical stress on my body and create the best enviroment for healing process,i would love to have some tools to measurre that.I have read about the resting heart rate,if you do to0 much,it would be higher than normal,some people used to avoid pem i see.

But in my case this is not working,my resting heart rate is always low in the night,regardless of what i do..is less than 60 everynight,even in the days i feel very bad,the heart rate is always low when i'm resting..There are others things that i can use as an indicator if i curently did to much in that day ??blood pressure doesn't change much either :/

For me: if the feeling of fatigue stays constant throughout the day, I know I'm still within my limits.

If it increases during the evening (even the "nice" kind of fatigue like wanting to go to bed earlier), it's usually followed by waking up the next morning feeling like I have run a marathon at night. And needing to sit an hour before being able to do physical activities again.

The way I manage it is by having 3 kind of daily schedules. For a (1) good day, (2) normal day & (3) bad day. In the morning I decide which schedule it's going to be depending on how I feel.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Check your heart rate in the morning every day before you get up. If it is elevated when compared to the previous morning's heart rate (or your usual morning heart rate), you did too much the day before.