• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to make the paleo diet easier

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Nothing amazing (or particularly delicious!) about my salad dressing, I'm afraid - just one part balsamic vinegar to three parts olive oil. One of my ambitions is to come up with something better! But having it ready in a jar saves having to measure out and mix individual portions. Being just oil and vinegar, I just leave it out on the counter top forever (based on the possibly false idea that that's what I do with the ingredients separately!).

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing now, just getting a bit bored. I tried lemon juice and olive oil one day and it was really quite good. Many recipes that I've seen online only last a couple days in the fridge which doesn't work for me, I want to be able to grab it and go.

I'm really impressed with you guys who juice everyday. We tried that once and it was so labor intensive with a the washing, chopping for the blender, etc. Not to mention all the extra trips to the grocery for more veggies.

xchocoholic

I'm really impressed with you guys who juice everyday. We tried that once and it was so labor intensive with a the washing, chopping for the blender, etc. Not to mention all the extra trips to the grocery for more veggies.

Fwiw, you probably know this, but juicing and blending aren't the same. The omega juicer, auger style, I have doesn't require as much chopping as my centrifugal one did because it pulls whatever you put into the open slot into the auger. So bigger pieces are ok. And I get more juice.

I've found wrapping my veggies completely in plastic keeps them fresher so I can stock up. Hmm. I just remembered those fresh bags or green bags ? Sold at stores like Bed bath and beyond. Anyone know if those work ?

Organic produce doesn't need to be washed unless it's dirty. For some veggies you can just throw away the outer leaves.

The process gets easier with practice too. I have a system now.

Tc ... x

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Fwiw, you probably know this, but juicing and blending aren't the same.

I've found wrapping my veggies completely in plastic keeps them fresher so I can stock up. Hmm. I just remembered those fresh bags or green bags ? Sold at stores like Bed bath and beyond. Anyone know if those work ?

Organic produce doesn't need to be washed unless it's dirty. For some veggies you can just throw away the outer leaves.

Whoops, I meant to say juicer, not blender - thanks for correcting me. :) I just found the "Debbie Meyer Green Bags" and also "Debbie Meyer GreenBoxes" at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Definitely would love to know if these work!

I'm going to try wrapping produce in plastic and see how it does. So glad that the organic craze is catching on, my grocery store keeps increasing it's organic/natural lines and fresh produce.

Happy eating xchocoholic!

maddietod

Whoops, I meant to say juicer, not blender - thanks for correcting me. :) I just found the "Debbie Meyer Green Bags" and also "Debbie Meyer GreenBoxes" at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Definitely would love to know if these work!

I'm going to try wrapping produce in plastic and see how it does. So glad that the organic craze is catching on, my grocery store keeps increasing it's organic/natural lines and fresh produce.

Happy eating xchocoholic!

Yes, these green bags work very well. When I buy spring lettuce mix by the pound, I put it into those bags right away and it lasts.....well, a lot longer. I've reused the same bags for over a year.

The green bags work, but I am scared of the chemicals. They claim it's safe, but I found people posting about them twisting things and not giving the whole truth. I don't know if they are right but I am staying away now.

ahmo

I keep asking my body whether it's ok to use these green bags, always get a Yes response. It's the only way I have of getting feedback on things in my life, I trust it. But I, too, wonder what's in them, how/why they work. Because they do work. Seems to me it's something that allows them to breathe. they don't collect condensate the same way normal plastic does. And don't get funky.

xchocoholic

I made some lamb broth the other day and froze it. Now I'm thawing individual servings and adding lamb and frozen veggies. Last night I had Brussel sprouts and butternut squash. Yum. Tonight limas and sweet potato. Yum.

Tc .. x