• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to Make Liposomal Vitamin C

I'm not up on the benefits of liposomal C. Got any testimonies to it's benefits? I use Now Sodium Ascorbate which is neutral pH. I'd probably use it in the recipe & skip the sodium bicarbonate ingredient.
Blessings to you

whodathunkit

@Gloria H: Liposomal C is supposed to be more bioavailable than other forms. Because it's encapsulated in phospholipids it's supposed to go into your cells better, etc.

If I recall correctly, that cancer site where I lifted the recipe link has testimonials.

@ahmo: dunno if you're using warm water with your vit. C footbaths, but if you are, be aware vitamin C is very heat sensitive. Just sayin', in case you didn't already know. :)

Daffodil

hello. Is anyone here making their own liposomal vitamin C? I have read instructions on the internet and am thinking of purchasing a cheap ultrasonic cleaner to make it, since the vitamins are so expensive.

thanks

whodathunkit

@Sushi: thanks for the note on merging the threads. I was looking back over it and thought how on earth could I be so tone deaf as to post that liposomal C recipe link immediately after @stridor shared the exact same recipe except explained it much better. Then I read to the end of the thread and saw your message. Thank heaven! Until I saw that I thought maybe I'd come a little more unglued than I ever realized. LOL

stridor

@Gloria H
Sorry I didn't see this when you wrote it.
I first came across liposomal vit C (LVC) as it was mentioned on Dr Levy's videos on youtube.
The efficacy can be inferred to some extent. I have a sensitive digestive tract and taking 6 gms of Vitamin C at once had a purgative effect. When I made my first batch I took this amount and...nothing. This was my confirmation that it was being absorbed to a higher extent. Once we know that it is being absorbed then any and all research on Vit C is applicable. brad