1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How to Make Liposomal Vitamin C

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by GhostGum, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Gloria H

Gloria H

South Dakota
    I'm not up on the benefits of liposomal C. Got any testimonies to it's benefits? I use Now Sodium Ascorbate which is neutral pH. I'd probably use it in the recipe & skip the sodium bicarbonate ingredient.
    Blessings to you
  2. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

@Gloria H: Liposomal C is supposed to be more bioavailable than other forms. Because it's encapsulated in phospholipids it's supposed to go into your cells better, etc.

If I recall correctly, that cancer site where I lifted the recipe link has testimonials.

@ahmo: dunno if you're using warm water with your vit. C footbaths, but if you are, be aware vitamin C is very heat sensitive. Just sayin', in case you didn't already know. :)
  3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @whodathunkit Thanks for that. I'll be vigilant. My understanding is that shower filters for chlorine contain C, and some put C into bath water to mediate chlorine. cheers, ahmo
  4. whodathunkit

@ahmo...I did not know that about C and filters and chlorine. Thank you for *that*. ;)
  5. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hello. Is anyone here making their own liposomal vitamin C? I have read instructions on the internet and am thinking of purchasing a cheap ultrasonic cleaner to make it, since the vitamins are so expensive.

thanks
  6. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    NOTE: 4 threads on how to make Liposomal Vitamin C merged.
    whodathunkit likes this.
  7. whodathunkit

@Sushi: thanks for the note on merging the threads. I was looking back over it and thought how on earth could I be so tone deaf as to post that liposomal C recipe link immediately after @stridor shared the exact same recipe except explained it much better. Then I read to the end of the thread and saw your message. Thank heaven! Until I saw that I thought maybe I'd come a little more unglued than I ever realized. LOL
  8. stridor

stridor Senior Member

@Gloria H
    Sorry I didn't see this when you wrote it.
    I first came across liposomal vit C (LVC) as it was mentioned on Dr Levy's videos on youtube.
    The efficacy can be inferred to some extent. I have a sensitive digestive tract and taking 6 gms of Vitamin C at once had a purgative effect. When I made my first batch I took this amount and...nothing. This was my confirmation that it was being absorbed to a higher extent. Once we know that it is being absorbed then any and all research on Vit C is applicable. brad

See more popular forum discussions.