1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How to increase motivation with COMT ++?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by pamrr, Aug 16, 2013.

1. pamrr

pamrr

Southern California
    Hi all,

I have lots of ++ COMTs and am wondering how to increase my motivation and focus. Any suggestions?
  2. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
  3. pamrr

pamrr

Southern California
    Beyond, I don't understand. Doesn't Mucuna Pruriens increase dopamine? Is this the thing to do with COMT ++ and MAO -/+ mutations? In the past, I've tended to have high - high-normal dopamine (urine).
  4. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Sorry pam, these kinds of things happen me a lot :oops: It was the other way around. You could try something for serotonin like Hypericum or something like Maca or Bacopa. There are lots of options in herbs or substances for motivation/focus, but the personal response tends to be very different. So different that some people get better on one thing and others will get a lot worse, so it is a matter of trying, but at least you know you should avoid dopamine precursors.

http://www.regardingcaroline.com/nootropics.html
    http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/40895-bacopa-issues/

See more popular forum discussions.