Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How to Improve Potassium Concentration in the Cell?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by JasonUT, Apr 3, 2017.

1. JasonUT

JasonUT Senior Member

Hello All,

Up to this point, most of the discussion seems to be about increasing Potassium consumption as methylation starts-up.

However, I haven't seen much discussion on how to improve the concentration or utilization of potassium in the cell, and how to improve the potassium transfer into the cell. I stumbled upon a few links that may help the discussion. Perhaps, there is some inefficiency in the K+/Na transfer which is causing a lot of electrolyte waste. Is this a real problem for us or am I barking up the wrong tree?

The last link suggests two methods for passing K+ through the cells.
    1. Passive based on electrochemical gradient
    2. Na/Ka+ pump. However, per the 3rd link, this method requires ATP which we may be low.

Internal potassium stimulates the sodium-potassium pump by increasing cell ATP concentration
    Reverse Mitochondrial Damage 101
    How to Increase Cell Volume for Fast Muscle Growth
    How Is Potassium Transported?

echobravo likes this.
  2. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California

See more popular forum discussions.