Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How to get highest dose of magnesium in my system?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by lizw118, Nov 21, 2014.

1. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

I posted this in general therapies as well. Apologies for the redundancy.

Hi everyone,
    I get a magnesium shot once a week from my doctor. On those days I feel much improved, but the improvement only lasts a day. If I could get that high dose of magnesium daily I believe it would improve my health immensely. However, when I take oral magnesium at high doses (glycinate form) I tolerate it fine but I do not feel any effects like the I do with the shots. The same is true for transdermal magnesium. Is there any really concentrated form of magnesium I can take? I wish I could give myself magnesium shots daily. I wonder why doctors don't do this like they do with B12. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. adreno

adreno PR activist

Please don't cross-post.

minkeygirl likes this.
  3. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

Apologies.

4. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    What is cross-post? why an apology?

@lizw118 - re magnesium - thiamine is a co-factor for magnesium. I just did a little search and this thread has some apparently very good suggestions for getting magnesium into the cells: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...rs-for-magnesium-absorption-into-cells.26885/

Sarah Myhill recommends mag injections but my doctor wouldn't do them. My red blood cell test showed adequate magnesium but it's very low on hair analysis. I'm starting to take thiamine and also have increased B6 and will see if these things help with magnesium utilization.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Gondwanaland likes this.
  5. adreno

adreno PR activist

Posting the same thread in several forums.

6. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Not sure if this was already mentioned but there is also magnesium by nebulizer and you can find the protocol if you Google Sarah Myhill.

7. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    Why is it wrong to cross post? It's impossible to look at all the forums so I think someone would be more likely to get a response if they posted in more than one place.

8. adreno

adreno PR activist

It can be considered spamming, especially if done excessively. Also, we then have discussions spread over several threads. For example, you are not aware that I have already answered the question in the first thread. Perhaps later, someone will ask a question in that thread, which has already been answered in this one. Aso.

RustyJ, optimist and Valentijn like this.
  9. Hip

Hip Senior Member

How do you apply your transdermal magnesium (surface area covered, number of applications per day)?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  10. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

You can use the button "New Posts" in the light blue menu bar at the top.

optimist likes this.
  11. Mij

Mij Senior Member

Hi Liz, my doctor gave me Mg shots x2 week years ago- I did not feel any effect from them. At that time I was reading over Dr. Cheney's protocol for magnesium IM and he included taurine in the injections. The Taurine helps the Mg absorb into cells therefore you need to inject less Mg at one time. I discussed this with my doctor and we ordered the taurine and magnesium from a compounding pharmacy. This made all the difference! He explained to me how to inject and I continued taking shots 3x/week for several months. I took them off and on for years and I have to say it was the most effective treatment I received since becoming ill 23yrs ago.

I dont' feel I need the shots anymore and use the Ancient Mineral transdermal magnesium chloride gel. I think the key is to get your levels way up and one shot a week is not going to do it.

I don't absorb supplements very well orally so I no longer waste my money on capsules.

zzz and Gondwanaland like this.
  12. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Hmmmmm For sometime time now I suspect I might have high endogenous taurine.

Maybe this expalins why I do so well on magnesium oxide! Thanks for posting this @Mij!

Mij likes this.
  13. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @adreno - okay, I guess I get it - but it's such a large board with so many sections that I still think it might be helpful to post a query in more than one section, but will abide by the rules.

14. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California

@Gondwanaland - thanks for the tip!

Gondwanaland likes this.
  15. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    You can get very large doses into your system by mixing the magnesium from capsules (eg. magnesium taurate) into water and slowly sipping that throughout the day. This way you can usually go many times beyond bowel tolerance.
    It may be that you only benefit from high doses in a short time, though. But this would be one way to find out.

Little Bluestem likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.