1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How to flush out toxins?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Aileen, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    I have determined that I have a nasty microbe built up in me. Not sure if it is a "regular" type of general infection or a bad balance of gut microbes. What I'd like to do is a very basic home cleansing. Just try to flush as much of the whatever out as possible. Then I'll throw a bunch of probiotics at it.

I do not want herbal preparations, detox formulas, specific detox diets or the like. I am on much needed meds so I don't think something like activated charcoal or clay would be a good idea. It would likely flush out the meds too.

First, I'm going to do a basic colonoscopy prep. Not sure which of those lovely drinks to buy from the pharmacy. There are several. Maybe one with magnesium. I can't remember what the names are.

I am thinking of a short fast of a couple days maybe with only liquids. I am wondering about vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda, salt ... That kind of very simple thing to try to both flush out some stuff and also possibly have an antimicrobial effect. I'm not sure whether to go acid or alkaline or to alternate between the two.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    @Aileen

Have you been reading the resistant starch thread? It is very interesting in its effect on gut bacteria. Long thread though!

Best,
    Sushi
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I used a prep called Lo-So Prep. It's a small bottle of magnisium but has a suppository also. It doesn't have a lot of sodium in it.

You can buy it or magnesium liquid OTC.

There was one I forget what it was called, but it was like prune juice X 10. X-Prep I think.
  4. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Hmm,

My Dr prescribes me Cholestryamine to remove/keep toxins in my body. I take it 1 hour before medications/supps, and 3 hours after taking meds/supps.

I have read/heard that the removal of toxins via Infrared Saunas is a few times, at least, more potent than regular saunas.

some food for thought.

GG
    end likes this.
  5. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    I started taking something from a lyme clinic in kansas called hansen center something.. . I have a lot of built up ammonia and other neuro toxins from the disease and it works perfectly, binding to different positive charged damaging free radicals and getting them out of the system through bathroom habits lol.. I personally use one called Neuro antitoxII CNS/PNS because it reaches deeper into the central nervous system and blood brain barrier to get all the crap out.. I am not sure if your situation is as severe as mine though so you could probably get by very well with the basic formula of Silphitran, You could look into other ones as well if you wanted but this works just fine for the basic detox of harming neurotoxins and the like.

The website is called jernigannutraceuticals.com

I was going to also recommend Zeolite but like you said if clay will bind to other things like your meds then maybe not a good idea..

Anything that clears out bio toxins, neurotoxins, etc.. will also probably flush out some degree of prescription meds as well though, so best to take anything like Silphitran, or zeolite and the like a good time apart from other meds, this gives time for the meds to go deeper into the system before being binded and flushed out.
    merylg likes this.
  6. end

end Senior Member

Dr Rich C Shoemaker uses CSM(cholestryamine)too in his neurotoxin elimination protocol... his protocol binds mould/bio-toxins that make past mould exposed people chronicly ill

He lay's an emphasis on eliminating ALL current infections in the patient before undertaking this form of therapy/detox as he believes most if not all chronic infections produce neurotoxic products

www.chronicneurotoxins.com

Far infrared saunas penetrate MUCH deeper into the body/tissue which help mobilise stored toxins especially in fat deposits

See more popular forum discussions.