• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to detox...

Hip

Looks like he is good at selling you something that will not work, that you don't need, and that has no basis in science, but he'll get you to pay for it anyway. And there are numerous people like him making money from promoting the notion that detoxification is somehow key to better health, but with no evidence to back up their claims. The fact is your liver is detoxifying your body all the time anyway. That's one of its main jobs.

Last edited:

NotThisGuy

Looks like he is good at selling you something that will not work, that you don't need, and that has no basis in science, but he'll get you to pay for it anyway. And there are numerous people like him making money from promoting the notion that detoxification is somehow key to better health, but with no evidence to back up their claims. The fact is your liver is detoxifying your body all the time anyway. That's one of its main jobs.

but the title says : "How to Detox Your Body with Real Science (Instead of Pseudoscience)"

Did you watch the video?

You don't have to buy the program. In fact, I think he "gives away" the main keys of his program in the video.

Carl

Did you watch the video?

You don't have to buy the program. In fact, I think he "gives away" the main keys of his program in the video.
Far too long and drawn out with very little useful info IMO. Who has 1hr 7 mins to watch through a video trying to extract the little useful info that is contained in it.

Even the transcript is difficult to find useful info.
Transcript

If he is trying to sell something, ideas, a program etc, then the needed info is far too well hidden. Maybe that is what he charges for, a simplified list of ideas that help. I am sure that no one has time to waste on this.

Hip

but the title says : "How to Detox Your Body with Real Science (Instead of Pseudoscience)"

Although there is some evidence from a handful of studies that detox diets do increase the rate of elimination of persistent organic pollutants from the body, I have not seen any research showing that the detox protocols that are much in fashion these days can actually improve health, ameliorate disease or prevent disease. It's not inconceivable that they might, but I have not seen any research to prove it.

I suspect that some of the subjectively perceived benefits of such detox diets may come from the fact that you may normally be eating a poor diet with pro-inflammatory foods, and when you switch to a detox diet, you may cut out these pro-inflammatory foods.

Did you watch the video?

Not much, I instead read some things that Dr Bryan Walsh said online. One of the points he made is that certain supplements often used in generic detox protocols actually inhibit the functioning of various P450 enzymes in the liver which are responsible for detoxifying various chemicals.

Last edited:
Far too long and drawn out with very little useful info IMO. Who has 1hr 7 mins to watch through a video trying to extract the little useful info that is contained in it.

I am sure that no one has time to waste on this.

No one? Or just you?

I watched it. And got a lot out of it. Pretty sure I'm someone.