• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to detox/chelate silver?

Hi, I just had a huge dental SNAFU. I had a crown put on for a cracked tooth, and immediately my immune system went crazy. I knew it was responding to something either in the crown or the cement. It was a porcelain bonded to noble metal crown. One of the more expensive, and supposedly better crowns you can get. After going to 3-4 dentists, one knew what I was talking about (or believed me at least) and ordered a dental materials allergy test. The test kit took forever to get to my doctor, and the results took forever to get back, so in the mean time I tried a root canal out of desperation (didn't work) and had the tooth pulled finally.

Anyway, I finally got the results back and lo and behold, I'm allergic/sensitive to silver, which is in almost every "noble metal" dental alloy made.

Does anyone here know what'd work well for getting silver out of my body?

South

From a book by Andy Cutler called Amalgam Illness, a few other ways the body can be getting too much silver (in case you want to avoid other sources too)...

Hair color
Some types of "hot tub" whirlpool filters

As for how to chelate it out, he says:

"The effectiveness of chelation for removing silver is unknown but it can be tried using DMSA or DMPS, with
alkalinization of the urine, along with ALA. The ALA can be added after 3-6 months of initial chelation if desired."
(alkalinization of urine is taking a little baking soda in water on an empty stomach on chelation days)

But if you try the products he lists, first learn about the "frequent dose" chelation schedule that Cutler thinks is crucial. He writes that the wrong timing/schedule of ALA, DMSA, or DMPS can cause problems.

Just one source of an opinion, for what it's worth.

Cutler's book is on Amazon (it's not well organized though, is I don't like about it) This link does a summary of the ideas:
http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/