• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to contact Dr. Kogelnik regarding Rituximab treatment

Hi, this is my first post. I am a 25 year old Norwegian who have been sick for 8 years. I have personally talked to Fluge and Mella as I study medicine at their university hospital (just started, there is a great change I must drop out because of my condition).

Does anyone know how I can contact Dr. Kogelnik regarding Rituximab treatment? I know it's risky, I know there are no guaranteed results, and I know there are side effects. I am willing to take the risk. I can travel, and I have the money. I am sick of being sick, and I really want to complete my studies, become a doctor and do everything I can to help all of you. My symptoms are very immunologic.

I have tried contacting info@openmedicineinstitute.org which is listed on their website, but no response so far. Is there another way?

Thanks in advance!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi, this is my first post. I am a 25 year old Norwegian who have been sick for 8 years. I have personally talked to Fluge and Mella as I study medicine at their university hospital (just started, there is a great change I must drop out because of my condition).

Does anyone know how I can contact Dr. Kogelnik regarding Rituximab treatment? I know it's risky, I know there are no guaranteed results, and I know there are side effects. I am willing to take the risk. I can travel, and I have the money. I am sick of being sick, and I really want to complete my studies, become a doctor and do everything I can to help all of you. My symptoms are very immunologic.

I have tried contacting info@openmedicineinstitute.org which is listed on their website, but no response so far. Is there another way?

Thanks in advance!

Here is all his contact information: http://openmedicineinstitute.org/contact-us/

Sasha

Fine, thank you
It just lists the email I have tried.

Do you or have you been seeing Dr. Kogelnik? I am wondering because there may be some better way to contact him, maybe directly.

I don't know anything about this but I'm wondering if it would be worth phoning the number given on that contact details page - I know it will be expensive from Norway but you would probably get a real person on the other end who could help you.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
It just lists the email I have tried.

Do you or have you been seeing Dr. Kogelnik? I am wondering because there may be some better way to contact him, maybe directly.

Hi, I gave that link for the phone and fax options. I think you would have better success phoning.

Best,
Sushi

Sparrowhawk

Even phoning they can sometimes take a day or two to respond, and often I will just call three days in a row to try to get someone. I get the feeling they are running a pretty lean ship there. But I agree with Sushi that phone is probably the fastest way to get in touch with them to explore treatment options.

Ruthie24

Yes, I think they run a very lean ship there and it frequently takes multiple attempts to get a response. Not because they don't care, but because there are so few of them and so many of us and they are all working so hard. Plus, this is a holiday weekend over here so you might not hear from them, even if you call, until sometime later in the week.