• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to compare ginger supplements?

Hi,

I've read that poor motility is the most common reason that people who have been treated for SIBO get relapses. And, I know that natural, pro motility agents are low dose naltrexone, low dose erythromycin and ginger.

In researching the various ginger supplements out there on the market, I see that some have ginger root, some have ginger extract. Also, some list the % gingerols while others do not. I thought it would be easier than this to compare the concentration of different ginger supplements, but I haven't seen anything online that would allow me to easily compare them.

Does anyone have any experience in comparing various ginger supplements?

Has anyone successfully used ginger to improve their rate of gastric emptying (e.g. motility)?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards,
Scotty81

taniaaust1

my suggestion would be to use pure ginger spice which of cause then is 100% ginger. You could even put it into capsules to take.

I use ginger when I make curry, ginger can be used in cakes eg ginger and carrot cake is nice, gingerbread, ginger tea etc etc. (I haven't tried using ginger for my stomach or for my bowel issues).