• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How the ME zealots tried to terrorise me Dr Max Pemberton

Large Donner

Looking into all his articles it really makes you wonder where he is a doctor, how does he possibly get away with this level of bringing his employer into disrepute with his crazy notions.

Funny how he attacks PWME claiming they have huge amounts of energy to challenge people like him instead of realizing there's a huge amount of PWME, doing a small amount of commenting each, from their sick beds or armchairs. Not only that, much of the major critiques of his come from other academics who post on forums like this and healthy patient advocates.

It's therefore rather ironic how he finds the time to publish such utter crap over and over again on just about every subject whilst claiming to be working as a doctor.

The man is a terrible bore!!

Last edited:

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Is their a violent group of ME advocates. I don't think so. Doing this would just allow them to push the notion we had to distance ourselves from the "other group".

How on earth could there be, most of us can hardly climb the stairs without stopping for a rest half way up. If we formed a gang of terrorists the best we could do would be to shuffle towards our opponents like a bunch of zombies. If they don't run away I suppose we could then collapse on top of them.

Sean

You'd think busy doctor/journalists should have better things to do than spend yet more time publicly Gaslighting ME patients in the national papers.
Gaslighting is a word and concept we need to use more in describing how they have characterised and treated us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Dr Max Pemberton For The Daily Mail

Sooooooo many serious articles to his credit here, I bet he can turn one out every time he visits the shitter, or as suggested earlier, three at a time on a good day.
Ah, the Daily Mail. The only toilet paper that comes with the shit pre-smeared.

CantThink

Gaslighting is a word and concept we need to use more in describing how they have characterised and treated us.

This is very true. I hadn't though of it before. Hmmm... A tangled web of lies they weave.

Ah, the Daily Mail. The only toilet paper that comes with the shit pre-smeared.

Made me burst out laughing.:rofl:

jimells

Somebody forgot to give Pemberton the new script, I suspect. I can only hope this inconsistency of message is getting through to the general public and they start to wonder what exactly is going on here.

Inconsistent, contradictory statements are a very good tactic for them, actually. They are hoping that all the confusion, noise, and smoke will allow them to slip away unnoticed while everybody else is trying to understand what is going on.

There are endless examples of this tactic being used by the US government. The current confusion over US "boots on the ground" in Syria, and how many, who they are, what are they doing, how long have they been there, etc. shows how this works. By the time the smoke clears next week, "everyone that counts" will accept the new policy as a fact that can't be changed or challenged.

TiredSam

TiredSam

Max is even quoted in it, and manages to express his contempt for obese people, alcoholics and drug addicts all in one sentence. He must have been going for the office record:

As Mail columnist Dr Max Pemberton puts it: 'We are doing with obesity what we have done with alcoholism and drug addiction, which is to remove the individual's responsibility for the predicament in which he finds himself.'

I expect looking for a biological cause of ME is such an affront to him because it removes the patient's responsibility for the predicament in which he finds himself too.

jimells

As Mail columnist Dr Max Pemberton puts it: 'We are doing with obesity what we have done with alcoholism and drug addiction,

Hard to disagree with this part of his statement. Obesity patients are certainly stigmatized, along with everyone else "we" are supposed to hate today. I'm trying to remember if Orwell's "1984" is the novel that talks about having a daily "Two Minute Hate".

As conditions for working people continue to deteriorate in "The West" we can expect to see even more of this rubbish. It's the old "divide and conquer" routine - keep the riffraff hating each other instead of organizing and fighting the gangsters on Wall St, Bay St (Toronto), and "The City" in London.

Sean

As Mail columnist Dr Max Pemberton puts it: 'We are doing with obesity what we have done with alcoholism and drug addiction, which is to remove the individual's responsibility for the predicament in which he finds himself.'

So, just peddling nasty little morality plays, then?

I understand, loud and clear: You're an arsehole.