1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How successful are diets for cfs?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by knackers323, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Are you healed or healing? What does your body ask for? I hope not Twinkies.

2. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

My health improved a lot.

My body can ask for anything. Might be fat, meat, eggs, patatoes, bread, sugar, cheese, snacks, sweets, etc.

3. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

4. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    I think that diet may be one area where listening to the body should not be absolute. Addicts' bodies demand the drugs of addiction. It also seems to be common for the body to demand foods to which it is intolerant. One of those perverse, counter-intuitive things.

5. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

It works for me. I do not say others should do it too.

6. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    I'm very sorry to hear that things are not going well for you.

There seems to be good evidence that autoimmunity arising from a leaky gut can affect any part of the body, depending on what antibodies are produced, which will probably depend on what antigens are getting into the bloodstream from the gut.

However, the blood-brain barrier is another biological barrier whose breach can allow inappropriate substances through and thereby lead to disease. This could occur due to infection, physical injury or other factors.

There is some info about encephalitis here.

7. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    You are a lucky chap then. Me, having a raging leaky gut that often hurts making obvious its pressence can not eat everything I want.

See more popular forum discussions.