1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

how severe is your ME-CFS?

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by SaveMe, Feb 18, 2011.

?

how severe is your ME -CFS?

Poll closed May 28, 2011.
  1. I forget I have it most of the time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I have some drawbacks from it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Im just able to get by in the workplace or school

12.5%
  4. I cant do "alot" of things I could do before

34.4%
  5. I am housebound or bedbound :(

53.1%
  1. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    Maybe a viral (or retroviral) infection PLUS a genetic factor are necessary for ME/CFS.
    I believe this theory will turn out to be correct through experimentation!

Though I do wonder about "clusters"
  2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    If one is truely bedbound or housebound, they just cant or they are severely restricting things eg may only shop once per month as it just arent usually possible for them to do.

When i was bedbound... I had to get another to do my shopping and leave it at my front door (as i was too sick for any friends to be visiting), then my child who was only 10 years old and having to be my carer, she would then put all the groceries away. Bedbound=truely stuck in bed

One can only do whatever one can do.... in a bedbound state, I believe I would of died if I didnt have a child living with me to do those things I couldnt at all do.

Those first two answers on the poll.. I would wonder if the person has CFS/ME if they are that little affected (unless they are heading towards remission). Those first two answers just sound like someone with a bit of fatigue.. where as CFS/ME is a quite disabliting illness.
  3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Could I just ask a question here, on how to create a poll when I post a new thread?

On selecting "Post New Thread", I get to the normal page that allows you to type in and post a new thread, and at the bottom of this page, I can see the area of the page where the poll is activated, which says:

Post a Poll
    Create a poll with this number of options (Maximum 10):

This area of the page has a tick box, plus a tiny text box to enter the number of poll options you want. However, I cannot see where you can type in the text description for each of the poll options.

If anyone anyone is familiar with setting up a poll, could could kindly explain how it is done. Many thanks

See more popular forum discussions.