• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How much time was given?

Andrew

The contract said patients should have at least one day. How many patients spoke, and how much time was allowed for each? Three minutes? What about "advocates."

Andrew

I think Eileen Holderman an extra slot donated by another patient. So keeping that in mind, patients and advocates were given two hours to speak. So does this count as "at least one day."

justinreilly

The Statement of Work didn't mandate at least one day. They haven't heard from the subject-matter experts yet though.

"During one or more public meetings, the Committee shall consider the testimony of ME/CFS patients, caregivers, and advocacy groups in addition to relevant subject-matter experts such as clinicians, researchers, service providers, and public health officials."

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57025850/MECFS IOM SOW.pdf